Author Topic: Met a Man in the Pub  (Read 1732 times)

Offline minimoo

• Donator
Re: Met a Man in the Pub
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 03:43:30 PM »
 im afraid it may have gone for mine once but wouldnt have got the chance to do it twice,he sounds like the type of person who thinks thats just what dog do,most people thankfully are more responsible
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 08:12:18 AM »
He didn't make any comment apart from "its a dominance thing" and his dog was just showing Sweep who was boss!

That comment just shows me he ain't got a clue what he's talking about. >:(
 truly dominant dogs do not need to display aggression, as they are confident in their surroundings.  ;)

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 08:24:38 AM »
He didn't make any comment apart from "its a dominance thing" and his dog was just showing Sweep who was boss!

That comment just shows me he ain't got a clue what he's talking about. >:(
 truly dominant dogs do not need to display aggression, as they are confident in their surroundings.  ;)
Agree with Mark - sounds like he was touting for business but not a very good advert for his own training skills.  >:(  That dominance theory is pretty outdated and seems to be what some people say to cover for their dog not being happy in its surroundings - it was his fault for taking it into that situation.   >:(

Also agree that I would not put my dog in that situation if it was not happy around other dogs  ::)  If he has to tout for business with people in pubs I doubt there is that much demand for his training services!  :shades: ;)
Julie and Watson