Author Topic: Barney is attacking Morgan - UPDATED WITH NEWS  (Read 5479 times)

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
Re: Barney is attacking Morgan - UPDATED WITH NEWS
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 10:49:05 PM »
:bigarmhug:

You know I think you have done the best thing possible for all five of you.  :luv: Yes it is very painful now, but you would have made yourself ill if you had carried on living in that stressful atmosphere for much longer. Not to mention the effect it was having on all of the dogs, not just Barney and Morgan.

I'd also like to really thank Rhona W and Jann for getting me through this. They've spent their evenings picking me up.  :luv:
And I'd like to thank Sam for keeping me up so late that I overslept and my kids were late for school.  :lol2:

Seriously though Sam. You know where I am if you ever need me.  :luv:

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2009, 10:53:25 PM »
I think you've made a very brave and selfless decision, you put the dogs before your own feelings and did what is right for them. They will all be happier now, although it will take you a long time to get over it. :-*

Take care of yourself, you did the right thing. :luv:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline starboy

• Site Member
  • Theo and Apollo
    • Starboy
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2009, 10:57:37 PM »
I can't imagine how difficult the decision to re home Barney must have been and I admire you enormously for doing what was right for your beloved dogs.
I hope the fact that he seems happier goes a little way to comfort you.
From the Darby family

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 11:03:16 PM »
Thank you everyone for your lovely words. I'm off again.  :'(  ::)

What a star Nic is as well to come down and collect your boy.  :luv:

How are the other doggies doing now?  I know you say it is quiet but your house must be a lot less stressful now without having to worry about when the next incident is going to be  :-\

It really helped me that Nic collected him because he had met her before and he was more than happy to go with her.

Morgan is still very jumpy.  :-\ I think he'll need time to realise that he's not coming back and he's not in the hall! That's where he went when I had to separate them. The other two seem fine. It's certainly a lot calmer here, I always thought Barney's hyper personality wound the others up and I think I was right. I'm sure over the next few weeks they'll all relax completely.

I'd also like to really thank Rhona W and Jann for getting me through this. They've spent their evenings picking me up.  :luv:
And I'd like to thank Sam for keeping me up so late that I overslept and my kids were late for school.  :lol2:

And no matter what you always succeed in making me laugh every night!  :005: And you've just fulfilled tonights mission!  :lol2:

I hope no one takes this the wrong way but I can't bare to keep my Avatar of Barney.  :'( Having him staring back at me is breaking my heart.  :'(  He gave me that look when I handed him to Nic and it was the worst look he could of given me.  :'(
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 11:32:03 PM »
Sorry you are having such a bad time of it lately - but as others have so rightly said - you know in your heart you did what was best for your dogs - and that take bravery.

Removing Barney's picture is quite understandable in the circumstances I would have thought, why not have an 'abstract' picture in for now. Something that wont mean so much to you, flowers or fish or sommat.

Hugs and friendly vibes being sent.  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2009, 11:34:19 PM »

:luv: :-* Anytime Sam, and well done for being strong enough to make this decision  :-* I know it'll be the right one  ;)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 11:38:21 PM »
You've been very brave letting Barney go, you've done the right thing for him and for you, Morgan, Sapphi and Max. My heart is still breaking for you, taking him away was horrible but you've done the right thing; you've been very selfless and put your dogs first as you always do.

Barney was indeed good as gold on the way up here :luv: he's an incredibly well behaved and well trained little man and that is all down to you. You don't need to thank me for anything either, I've been in the same situation and it's awful, it's the most dreadful decision to have to make and I'm just so sad that it has happened to you. You know where I am if you need anything :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2009, 12:14:41 AM »
Barney is a total star Sam, such a huge credit to you. I'm so happy we could help you all out and that you have entrusted him to the care of my parents. He has settled in amazingly well and mum is officialy smitten already (in fact she was smitten the moment she lay eyes on him). He is so funny and cute and I love his mannerisms. Definitely a typical cocker in the personality stakes, he's full of character!

I'm useless at making people feel better and I cant imagine how it must be for you but I can promise you he is being well looked after in his own private dog palace complete with 3 fulltime hoomans and 1 part-time hooman to wait on him hand and paw.

I'll take some piccies tomorrow which I hope will help and not hinder your sadness  :-*

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2009, 06:42:58 AM »
I feel desperately sorry for you  :'( it's a situation that every multiple dog owner dreads  :'( myself included, but you have made the most selfless and brave decision for Barney and Morgan.  Be kind to yourself  :-*

As for Jo  :angel:  and Nic  :angel: what stars they are!! 
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2009, 06:58:09 AM »
Barney is a total star Sam, such a huge credit to you. I'm so happy we could help you all out and that you have entrusted him to the care of my parents. He has settled in amazingly well and mum is officialy smitten already (in fact she was smitten the moment she lay eyes on him). He is so funny and cute and I love his mannerisms. Definitely a typical cocker in the personality stakes, he's full of character!

I'm useless at making people feel better and I cant imagine how it must be for you but I can promise you he is being well looked after in his own private dog palace complete w.ith 3 fulltime hoomans and 1 part-time hooman to wait on him hand and paw.

I'll take some piccies tomorrow which I hope will help and not hinder your sadness  :-*

What a lovely post.  :luv: Sounds like Barney has got the perfect home to match his needs. Sam you had to do what was right for ALL the dogs. :luv: :luv:

Offline Jay06

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2009, 08:23:56 AM »
Sam I really admire you. You are so brave being able to that for Barney. i wish I could say I knew i would be strong enough to do that if needed.

Jo's post was lovely, hopefully you can take some comfort from the fact Barney is being loved and looked after.

I hope you and Morgan will both start feeling better soon. Just now take care of yourself, i will be thinking of you  :-*

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2009, 11:19:06 AM »

What a brave and very hard decision you have made...my heart really does feel for you  :-*  :-* so glad he is in good hands ...if doG forbid i am every in the same situation i would hope that Jo and Nicola would be willing to help as i would trust them explicitly to care for one of mine  ;)
Thinking of you Sam...take care  :luv:

Offline ClareB

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2009, 11:20:54 AM »
You've made the best decision for all of you, and it was a very selfless one that not everyone would have had the courage to make.   :luv:  We all know from reading your posts how hard it was for you and that it was one not made lightly.  

Be kind to yourself.   :-*
Clare, Milo & Mocha

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2009, 12:03:13 PM »
Oh gosh, I've just read all the way though this, I've always had a soft spot for Barney... it's my golden fetish that I can't shake loose  :luv: I so so feel for you and can't imagine how hard it's been. I'm also thrilled that yet again, COL'ers have come to the rescue and it just goes to show what a very special bunch of people we have here again :luv: :luv: It sounds like he's in perfect hands now and that must be a huge comfort for you.

Massive hugs from me and hope you start to relax and feel a bit better about it soon as you've definitely done the right thing  :-* :-* :luv:

Hannah xxx

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2009, 04:44:56 PM »
So, so sorry to read all this about Barney.  :'(   You have made such a brave decision and my heart goes out to you.  :luv:  I know at the moment it will still be heart wrenching painful for you, but it sounds like Barney will be in very good hands with some lovely people.  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie