Author Topic: All our hard work pays off!  (Read 517 times)

Offline Woodstock

All our hard work pays off!
« on: May 02, 2011, 05:15:25 PM »
Had to say that we took Woods to a really busy lake today and he was an absolute angel :luv:  He didn't run off with other dogs, he came back and sat and waited while bikes went past he was great. 

So for any of you reluctant to hope that you will actually be able to teach recall etc to your Cocker pups - there is hope but it may take a few months!!

Bx

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: All our hard work pays off!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 05:26:06 PM »
Had to say that we took Woods to a really busy lake today and he was an absolute angel :luv:  He didn't run off with other dogs, he came back and sat and waited while bikes went past he was great. 

So for any of you reluctant to hope that you will actually be able to teach recall etc to your Cocker pups - there is hope but it may take a few months!!

Bx

Lovely positive post - and encouragment for any bods having probs at present.  :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
Re: All our hard work pays off!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 08:52:43 PM »

Bx

Lovely positive post - and encouragment for any bods having probs at present.  :D

Agree with both these posts. Persistance pays off and when I had Tali free range in a strange place with strange dogs, he came back to the whistle and that feeling, like the OP said is worth all the training trouble.
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!