Author Topic: Neglected Puppy Advice  (Read 4827 times)

Offline wahm

• Site Member
Neglected Puppy Advice
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2005, 08:11:35 AM »
Fanfare!

We had a great night last night!.
I put Barley to "bed" about 30 minutes before i went so that he could settle and he was fine!.
He didn't bark until he heard the cat meow when our alarm went off! (the cat waits by our door and then meows like mad when it hears the alarm).
I'm really,really pleased with him and of course i let him know!.
He's now having a mad half hour~bombing the cat and running like a looney from the garden to our lounge and back.He looks soooooo happy~it gives me a warm smug feeling~i wish his previous owner could see! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Sue x

Sue & Barley Boo[/size][/font]

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
Neglected Puppy Advice
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2005, 09:25:22 AM »
Im so pleased for you all.  You are doing a fantastic job!  You should be so proud of yourself.  You really will reap the rewards for all your hard work Im sure.  Barley will be a very special dog for you all.

Well Done  :D
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Neglected Puppy Advice
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2005, 09:39:26 AM »
That's fantastic news, well done, and thanks for letting us know so promptly.

Do hope he keeps it up!

:P

Offline scooby's mum

• Site Member
  • Scooby & Misty's Mum
Neglected Puppy Advice
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2005, 12:28:39 PM »
Sue

That's fantastic news - well done to you  :)

Give Barley a special kiss from me  :P
Love Joanne, Misty & Scooby

Offline amanda

• Site Member
Neglected Puppy Advice
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2005, 06:52:58 PM »
i'm so pleased for you. A couple of sleepless nights are soo worth the cocker kisses and cuddles. Have you received the Dap yet? Reading this has bought tears to my eyes, as our indie is 5 and a half months old and i'd hate to think of anyone treatinghim as badly as barley has been treated in the post. I hope you continue to make such great progress.

Amanda and Indie.
Amanda, Indie and Zephie

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Neglected Puppy Advice
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2005, 01:03:02 AM »
I hope your Barley continues to bring you joy - he looks lovely!!
The previous owner's loss is definitely your gain!!!! :D
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Neglected Puppy Advice
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2005, 08:47:38 AM »
Brilliant.....You've done so well and now you are going to have years of fun and love together. :)

Offline wahm

• Site Member
Neglected Puppy Advice
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2005, 11:12:38 AM »
Quick update

Barley is definatley at "HOME" now with us!
He bombs around the house like a looney and loves to be cuddled.
He is walking well on the lead and is "almost" there with his toilet training~his only lapse is~we live in a mews house with the garage under the house and he keeps popping down sometimes to go to the loo.It's driving DS mad but i just think he'll grow out of it,at least it's not in the house.(When you consider he lived in a stable it must seem natural for him to go to our cold concrete floored garage).

We all love him to bits~he's super soft with the kids especially our 2 year old Finley.They sit on the rug infront of the fire sharing Finleys snacks!.He is really gentle when he takes food from his fingers.

He pesters the cats and really wants them to play.He doesn't realise that his huge paws knock ten bells out of the cats!.

Taking him on was the best thing i have ever done.I get so much pleasure from watching him grow both physically and mentally.

We are starting obedience classes after Easter which i'm sure he'll enjoy too!.

Will keep you all posted,
Sue x :D

Offline scooby's mum

• Site Member
  • Scooby & Misty's Mum
Neglected Puppy Advice
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2005, 12:01:08 PM »
Sue

That's absolutely fantastic news, you're obviously doing a brilliant job with Barley - well done  :)

It's so great as well that you're taking him to classes after Easter, you'll both get so much out of them, I know me and Scooby did, he loved the classes and meeting all the other dogs  :P

It's funny what you say about Barley going to the loo in the garage - we've just had a conservatory put on and where the french doors were fitted there was a gap in the carpet and Scooby used to wee on the gap cause it was concrete.  Just like being outdoors I suppose, but as soon as we carpeted that bit he was fine.

I'm sure Barley will get the message eventually  :)
Love Joanne, Misty & Scooby

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Neglected Puppy Advice
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2005, 10:39:08 AM »
That's fantastic news, Sue.

Had me in tears re-reading the whole thread. You have come a very long way in a surprisingly short time really (though I'm sure it felt like a VERY long time!)

Now I hope you can reap the rewards for your efforts for many years. He sounds like a super dog.

Never ceases to amaze me that so many dogs still love people even when their experience should put them off us for ever!

WELL DONE[/size]

Offline wahm

• Site Member
Neglected Puppy Advice
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2005, 06:36:28 PM »
That's fantastic news, Sue.

Had me in tears re-reading the whole thread. You have come a very long way in a surprisingly short time really (though I'm sure it felt like a VERY long time!)

Now I hope you can reap the rewards for your efforts for many years. He sounds like a super dog.

Never ceases to amaze me that so many dogs still love people even when their experience should put them off us for ever!

WELL DONE[/size]

[snapback]107828[/snapback]
Thankyou!!!!.

I am suprised Barley has come on so quickly too!.He must have been crying out for a good home.
I know what you mean regarding neglected dogs.I watch a channel on Sky that shows the Michigan Humane Society and some of the dogs they rescue are unreal!.
Today showed a Dogue de Bordeux with his chain embedded in his neck through neglect.He had infected fluids running down his front and yet after recovering he was adopted and it showed him as a real softy who loves coddles! :rolleyes:

There are some very sick people out there!.

Sue x