Author Topic: My gorgeous Buster  (Read 571 times)

Offline jennyspin

• Site Member
  • my gorgeous Boyd & Jitka at Master Groom 2012
My gorgeous Buster
« on: December 05, 2011, 10:53:41 AM »
God this is so hard to type with tears streaming down my face! My gorgeous Buster left us on Saturday afternoon. He was eleven years old and was the first dog that me and Phil had bought together. We probably did it the "wrong" way as Buster was not KC registered and was from a solid/particolour mating from owners who just wanted one litter from their pet cockers. He never won any rosettes....but, he worked as a Pets as Therapy (PAT) dog and visited a day care centre for adults with learning disabilities and also visited an elderly people's home where he visited the many "wings" including two alzheimers wings. It was wonderful to see that folks who had "grown into themselves" and didn't communicate with other people shout "Buster" when we came through the doors. He also encouraged parents of the folks at the day care centre to trust their son/daughter around dogs more whilst out and about as they knew that they had experience of Buster and wouldn't pull on ears, etc. One year we had such fun at the xmas do at the day care centre. The local church did a concert and Buster "sang" all of the way through. I was mortified but the folks at the centre loved it! He also used to bark on his arrival at the day care centre which, again, used to embarass the hell out of me but they loved it as it meant that he had arrived! Buster helped me so much also in his younger days when I had some nerve problems. My dad walked me, his lab Monty and my Buster for miles to stop me being stuck in the house. Although not show winning bred Buster was still a brilliant advert for the breed.

Buster, you were my first and I'll never, ever forget you. Look after nanna and grandad for me and look after little thimble and baby boy. You never had a toy or a sock out of your mouth while you were with us so I hope you carry that on at the bridge. Love you forever  :luv: :luv:
Sandlauga cockers
Never assume anything...except an occasional air of intelligence! The Sheriff to Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Carpenter, Robin or Sherwood, Rip 27/02/2012, a writing talent who will be missed).