Author Topic: Worried sick!!  (Read 5003 times)

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
Re: Worried sick!!
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2013, 12:03:34 PM »
Fingers crossed that is passes through quickly if she has swallowed it  :-*

Millie

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2013, 01:47:20 PM »
Hope you are OK Lynn.  Still got our paws and fingers crossed that you either find the screw or Ruby passes it OK.  (When we had the panic with Toby and the plastic lid last year, the vet gave him some liquid paraffin to lubricate his stomach, have you got any?)   :luv:

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline lynnruby

• Donator
  • Ruby
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2013, 02:49:45 PM »
Oh well, still no screw!  I have looked under all the furniture (about 15 times!!) but haven't found it  :huh:  Checked poo number 2 as well  ;) She seems perfectly fine in herself at the moment.  I took her to the groomers appointment and she has been running round like a loony since we got back  :D

Our groomer said that in her experience (having heard this type of thing so many times) she probably won't pass it until tonight or tomorrow, so guess who'll be out, in the dark, with a torch examining poo  ;)

Mel, no I don't have liquid paraffin but it's something I can ask the vet about if she doesn't pass it soon.

Thanks everyone for all your lovely messages  :luv:  Will let you know what happens.
Lynn

Offline Sula

• Raisin
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2013, 03:25:01 PM »
What a worry for you - and a lovely job out tonight with the torch! I once fed a dog bread soaked in some water to make it doughy after a flat mates dog swallowed some glass. This was as she phoned her vet who told her to do just that to try and cushion the glass. That dog ( a labrador called Ben) was fine and heres hoping Ruby is fine too xx

Offline fenby

• Donator
  • Harvey
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2013, 03:27:38 PM »
Just caught up with this. Do hope the screw reappears soon, I can imagine how worried you must be, they certainly keep us on our toes.

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2013, 04:37:15 PM »
I've only just seen this. I'm so sorry. What snafflers they are sometimes. Quick as lightening.

Having been through similar with mine in the last few weeks I can well imagine how you are feeling right now  :-*.

Maisie's piece of rubber took from the Wednesday when swallowed to the Saturday pm to arrive out the other end  :-\ . Fingers all crossed that if swallowed the screw makes an appearance soon. xx

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2013, 05:12:26 PM »
Hope the screw has appeared - although it can sometimes take longer than you expect.  When Harry ate a whole pastic glove  :o it actually took 3 to 4 days to arrive and I was so worried because he was only tiny and a glove is huge for a young dog.  He has also eaten sticks, stones and other sharp things and luckily had no ill effects (why do they do it??)  so hopefully Ruby will be just fine and completely unaware of all the stress she has caused you!

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2013, 06:24:27 PM »
Oh no! I hope the screw shows up very soon, and Ruby suffers no ill effects  :-*

Offline Biddy

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2013, 06:37:43 PM »
Hi Lynn, hope all is well with Ruby,
 I know exactly how you feel as Jake swallowed a noticeboard pin on New Years Eve, I was worried sick, just like you.
We took him to our vet, who did an x-ray which showed that the pin was in his stomach.
As Jake is only 7 months old she was reluctant to operate to remove it,( in case he ate other foreign bodies, he has eaten daffodil bulbs and toadstools both of which could be dealt with by getting him to vomit) and there are obvious risks with operating on his abdomen and she wanted to reduce them to a minimum. As your vet said vomiting it up could cause damage so she referred us to their partner vet hospital.
They were able to do an endoscopy and one general anaesthetic later successfully removed the foreign body and Jake was fully recovered by the next day!!!
The surgeon said that if the pin had not been in his stomach when he re-x-rayed him prior to endoscopy then he would advise a watch and wait.
So hope your poo examining has revealed the offending article and that Ruby is feeling well.
These cockers are so quick to snaffle up things they shouldn't and cause us so much anxiety. But guess that's why we love them so.
Take care and let us know how she is.
Sending you hugs
Liz x

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2013, 07:58:15 PM »
Oh no....only just read this Lynn.  So sorry to hear about Ruby.

Everything crossed that she'll be rid of the screw soon, and that you'll all be able to relax again.  Big hugs. Xx
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Goggins

• Donator
  • Princess "Freya" Trucker (dob:25/03/2011)
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2013, 08:22:31 PM »
Oh my goodness how worrying for you. Why do these cockers put us through all this?

I really hope the screw re-appears soon and am pleased to read so far she is ok in herself (long may it continue)...

Hope you sleep a little easier tonight  :bigarmhug:
Carol owned and loved by Freya (my gorgeous cocker spaniel), Thor (boxer) and Merlin (border collie)

Offline HelenS

• Donator
  • Cupar
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2013, 08:48:09 PM »
Just caught up with this post.........OMG  :o what a little scamp..... You need eyes in the back of your head eh !  You must be so worried. Im sure as Ruby is her usual self that the screw will pass through.  :bigarmhug: for her from us.

Offline lynnruby

• Donator
  • Ruby
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2013, 09:40:38 PM »
Thanks everyone  :luv: Still waiting for poo number 3!  She is fast asleep in her bed now :angel:  She MUST have swallowed it though, we have searched the house with a fine toothed comb!!
Lynn

Offline SusieY

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2013, 10:02:46 PM »
Only just seen this - what a worry. Hope the screw appears soon.

Thinking of you

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2013, 02:53:28 AM »
Just last week we noticed that Chaz was straining a bit with one of his poos but, instead of just walking away afterwards, he started giving it quite a sniffing.
Went with a poo bag to collect it and spotted a greenish metallic thing in the poo, thought at first that it was a metal washer but, after cleaning it up, :020: found that it was a 1994 20p coin.
No idea where it came from but a quick check down the back of the settee came up with a 2p coin, another 20p,  several bits of kibble and a lot of dog hair :005: so he could have found it there. Thankfully no sharp edges or points but I bet it made his eyes water :shades:
The trouble is that they can swallow things in a flash and, unless your looking at them at the time, there's very little chance of knowing that they've swallowed anything at all. Hope Ruby has a similar, relatively painless "outcome" to Chaz. :005: :luv: