Author Topic: Please can Toby have some special COL wishes  (Read 3132 times)

Offline williamsmum

Re: Please can Toby have some special COL wishes
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2013, 12:49:58 PM »
Thanks all.  Tobes is doing fine.  Archie bean - there are loads of the evil things and they are like triffids.  He gets a good brush and toe check now when he comes back from a walk.  He's a little so and so for running in the grass, the longer and thicker the better.  I shall be totally paranoid now till the Autumn.   :005:
Glad to hear he's on the mend. Yes, just to pick on your point about checking toes too. William has had quite a few grass seeds between his toes (hairy feet!!  :005: ) and they get infected very quickly if not spotted more or less straight away. He had a really nasty one last autumn, went very deep and became infected. Horrible, horrible things!  >:D

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2013, 01:37:42 PM »
Thanks all.  Tobes is doing fine.  Archie bean - there are loads of the evil things and they are like triffids.  He gets a good brush and toe check now when he comes back from a walk.  He's a little so and so for running in the grass, the longer and thicker the better.  I shall be totally paranoid now till the Autumn.   :005:
Glad to hear he's on the mend. Yes, just to pick on your point about checking toes too. William has had quite a few grass seeds between his toes (hairy feet!!  :005: ) and they get infected very quickly if not spotted more or less straight away. He had a really nasty one last autumn, went very deep and became infected. Horrible, horrible things!  >:D

Thanks.  I've recently found out that they can also inhale them, causing great damage to the lungs.  >:D
There's a mesh face mask you can get that protects ears, nose, eyes and mouth too.  :o.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2013, 07:59:40 PM »

Thanks.  I've recently found out that they can also inhale them, causing great damage to the lungs.  >:D
There's a mesh face mask you can get that protects ears, nose, eyes and mouth too.  :o.

I saw a boxer a few years back that had inhaled one and it was removed via a large incision across his neck  :o ,not very nice.
It's not even safe on pavement walks though  :-\ Lots of people just don't bother to keep their driveways weed/straggly grass free which, being on the end of the drive is a wee magnet for passing dogs hence Ruby wants to stick her nose all amongst it and i feel mean pulling her away and not letting her have a sniff cause of the seeds and darts.
Glad Tobes is all better  :luv:
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2013, 08:14:24 PM »
Sorry just caught up with this hope he is better soon, selby has had two ops to remove them >:D

Were do you get these things to cover there faces?

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2013, 09:19:50 PM »
Sorry I missed this. Just returned from our holiday. Hope Toby is fully recovered now  :luv:

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2013, 11:46:31 PM »
Sorry just caught up with this hope he is better soon, selby has had two ops to remove them >:D

Were do you get these things to cover there faces?

Here it is
http://www.outfoxfieldguard.com/

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2013, 11:52:26 PM »
Thanks everyone.  Toby's back to the vet tomorrow for a check up. 

Toni, there's millions of the evil foxtails here, especially growing round lamp posts.