Author Topic: Is this a phantom pregnancy  (Read 707 times)

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
Is this a phantom pregnancy
« on: August 15, 2013, 05:06:51 PM »
Honey finished her first season mid June. She is now behaving a bit strange! She is panting a lot, whining as she is walking around and carrying a toy around and whining at the same time, and even howling! She is even more clingy than usual, not eating much (not that she is a ferocious eater) and her nipples are slightly bigger than normal. Could this be a phantom pregnancy and should I see the vet?
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline ladylola

• Donator
Re: Is this a phantom pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 07:58:14 PM »
Sounds like it could be, when my girl had one, I was told to cut her food down and exercise her more.
Takes their mind off it.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline Helly D

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 08:13:06 PM »
Yep phantom pregnancy - classic signs. No need to go to vet usually as it stops eventually.

Offline panda66

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 10:50:24 PM »
Friend's dog had phantom pregnancy and vet said to take all toys away as she was whining because she couldn't decide which was her baby  :luv: although it seemed cruel she was better afterwards and so happy when she got them back  :D

Offline joss

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 01:37:07 PM »
I am having the same problem.  My two mated in error after having a litter in March but she was not pregnant as I dont think Ruby was having a proper season. She is now having all the symptoms above and looking so sorry for herself.  The only thing I am worried about is that she is shaking a lot. Does anyone know if this is normal

Margaret

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 11:14:14 PM »
Not too sure about the shaking. Has she had a season since the mating? I think I would phone the vets just to make sure. Hope she is feeling better soon :luv:
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12