Author Topic: Do you brush your dogs teeth.  (Read 1085 times)

Offline linda c

Do you brush your dogs teeth.
« on: November 20, 2013, 06:23:52 PM »

My dogs have always had their teeth brushed daily . Some were rescue or re-homed dogs which soon got used to it :luv:

:005: We had three at one time who all used to sit and wait for their turn, so they must have liked it, probably the chicken
flavoured toothpaste  :005:

Offline Walshies

• Fudge - our lovely chocolate boy
    • Masarnen Ramblers
Re: Do you brush your dogs teeth.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 06:49:21 PM »
Yep we brush Fudge's gnashers.

He does not particularly enjoy the experience but sits patiently while we get on with it - bless him.

He mainly gets a build up of plaque on his back teeth which are the hardest ones to get to.  We currently use a normal doggy toothbrush and the usual flavoured toothpaste which he tries to eat before it has done its job!
Check out our website at www.masarnenramblers.com

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 06:52:45 PM »
Tried once with Teal not a pleasant experience  :005: but she is RAW fed and her teeth are pearly white.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline abkb

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 07:26:09 PM »
Nope, never needed to with my two.  They get plenty of chews/raw carrots (sometimes frozen) from time to time, and they are very clean.
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 08:38:22 PM »
No.  I tried with Barney but he hated it.  I check their teeth regularly though but all three are fine.  They are raw fed like Teal so the bones help.

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 08:49:24 PM »
No and it's something i wish i had persevered with when she was younger....she is part raw fed but has a little bit of discoloration on her canines which i don't think is too bad for almost 6.x
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 11:00:18 PM »
Yes Jazz's teeth are brushed very regularly.  I have brushed them since he was a puppy.  I would not say he particularly likes it but he doesn't make a fuss, and yes always tries to eat the toothpaste from the brush.

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 08:54:09 AM »
No and it's something i wish i had persevered with when she was younger....she is part raw fed but has a little bit of discoloration on her canines which i don't think is too bad for almost 6.x
Canines naturally tend to be
a little darker, it's nothing to
worry about. :blink:

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 09:32:56 AM »
George who is coming up to 9 next month :o and Hamish who is 6 are both prey model raw fed, both of them have lovely gleaming gnashers, thanks to their raw bones ;) I did try brushing George's teeth in the past, when he was fed on kibble but it stressed him out so much  :016: so that was mainly the reason, i changed to raw a few years ago. ;)
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 12:19:58 PM »
Yes, have done since the day I got him apart from 2 days...once when he'd had an operation and once when most of his baby teeth fell out one day (when he was a puppy it was mainly chewing hte brush and getting him used to it).

Before bed, he gets his teeth cleaned, wee and then bed :).

My mam and dad do it too when they look after him  :luv:, he has beautiful gnashers  :005:
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline saracens123

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 06:11:07 PM »
We brush Sam's teeth.the in-laws lab will actually get himself in a position laying on his back so that you can hold him to brush  :005: it really is funny to see.hopefully Sam will copy this.they both love the chicken toothpaste  :D

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 09:06:02 PM »
Canines naturally tend to be
a little darker, it's nothing to
worry about. :blink:

Oh, that's nice to know, thanks.  :D
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.