Author Topic: Burns Or Arden Grange?  (Read 3543 times)

Offline Curtisio

• Site Member
Burns Or Arden Grange?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2005, 03:49:26 PM »
Sorry......being thick - "which one" what!!?  :D
[snapback]140165[/snapback]

Which type?  there are loads of varieties... Ie there are two adult Arden Grange, What is the difference between them? ie, Arden Grange Adult and  Arden Grange Classic Adult.

I guess it's a bit of trawling through them and a bit of trial and error, but what do others pick as their favs / preferences?
Paul - Kyro - Daisy & Cookie (cats)

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
    • BusyPaws Dogwalking & Pet Care
Burns Or Arden Grange?
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2005, 03:53:54 PM »
Ah, gotcha now!

I wasn't sure either - I saw the 2 types online too.  I assumed one was for more working type dogs, as it might be higher in Protein....but I could be "barking" up the wrong tree again!!

http://www.ardengrange.com/

After reading it, it appears that Classic is more for those of the delicate tummy and allergy prone variety.

Hope that helps a bit!
Aileen & Beau xx

Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
Burns Or Arden Grange?
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2005, 04:22:52 PM »
I wasn't sure between the two types either but having been to our local stockist this morning, they only had the classic so that made the choice for me.

It isn't the same one as she tried before so we'll see how we go with this one and if she doesn't like it as much I'll revert back to the other one, I'll just have to order it on line that's all.

Having said that there are only 2 puppy choices and 2 junior choices - when you get to adult, there's about 6 :blink:

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
Burns Or Arden Grange?
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2005, 09:53:25 AM »
I'd say go with the one she seems to prefer. Bella was on Burns when we first got her but after a few weeks point blank refused to eat it. We switched her onto Hill's (which did look more appetising, I have to say) but 4 months on she was starting to pile the weight on (despite being given far less than it said on the bag). So I've just put her back onto Burns and this time she seems to love it.

Mind you she's on mini portions for a few more weeks so it could just be that she's very hungry and will eat anything!  :P

Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Penel

Burns Or Arden Grange?
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2005, 11:11:39 AM »
Hi Penel!

She is on 0.2mg of Soloxine twice a day - which she takes like a little angel!!

But it is just a repeat prescription that I get her every 4-5 weeks.  Never thought of getting her levels checked, I just assumed that was something that the vet would check at the time of issuing the repeat prescription!  :huh:
[snapback]140148[/snapback]

If she is still depressed after the eye problem has cleared up then you must get her thyroid levels checked.  I am surprised the vet has not suggested monitoring her thyroid - this should be done once a year when levels have stabilised.... has she been re-checked at all since she was diagnosed hypo-t ?

Offline Jules

• Site Member
    • http://www.caninedesigns.co.uk
Burns Or Arden Grange?
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2005, 03:04:08 PM »
I feed Ollie on Arden Grange classic salmon and he's doing fantastically well on it so far  :rolleyes:
Jules & Ollie

Offline Josilou

• Site Member
Burns Or Arden Grange?
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2005, 11:13:41 AM »
God I hate Iams now after reading all that info on them  :angry:

I am dying to try Sophie on something else, but I didn't want to if it was going to clash with her hormone
[snapback]140163[/snapback]

I'd be interested to know what else is most like the IAMS.  My labrador has done best whilst on that food.  I changed it 2 years ago because of all the testings they did etc. but nothing since has been as good for her as the IAMS was, and I must admit that I'm considering putting her back on it  :(   She's a greedy guts as are most labs but she's put on weight and none of the other foods seem to satisfy her like the IAMS did.  

Now we have Herbie, he's on Burns at the moment, but it's nowhere near to satisfying him, so I'm adding bananas, carrots etc. to his food, which seems completely pointless then in buying a complete dog food.   :unsure:

Offline Josilou

• Site Member
Burns Or Arden Grange?
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2005, 11:17:35 AM »
By the way - if anyone has any ideas about how to slow Libby down when she's eating please suggest something!!!! I'm sure she doesn't breath until she's eaten it all.

[snapback]140039[/snapback]

Add a little water to it ... not so it goes soggy, but so she has to drink the water as well as eat the biscuits (not sure of her age so am assuming she's old enough to eat the crunchy biscuits... if she's not, I don't know sorry).

I do this with my lab and it def. slows her down. :rolleyes: