Author Topic: Tummy upset, but Fraser not bouncing back  (Read 9359 times)

Offline tritonx

Re: Tummy upset, but Fraser not bouncing back
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2019, 08:55:29 PM »
Heh, I think that's an excellent plan. There's a bakery just down the highway that does double baked almond croissants that are to die for. Man, we really need a Star Trek transporter and I'd send you one. Unfortunately, it sets up yearnings where you find yourself thinking, I wonder if I could limit myself to half an almond croissant. But, of course, not possible.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2019, 09:08:43 PM »
Oh my word, that sounds divine  :005: It would be wrong just to have half a one! Go for it  :D

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2019, 11:00:46 PM »
Just wondering how Fraser has been today, hopefully he is still improving.  :luv:

Offline tritonx

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2019, 06:48:06 PM »
Yes! He's much more like his usual self. Did a short burst of frisbee this morning and he was bouncy and keen. Still keeping it relatively brief as I don't want to push things while he's recovering. One of the side effects is that he's added another destination point to his day i.e. food/treats. He's got routine moments where I'm told quite intently if I'm late that I should be giving him food or treats: a treat when he comes in promptly from outside, dinner time, treat before bed, treat after getting up from our afternoon nap, treat after coming in from walkies. You can see how over time he's laid down a pattern of regular snacking. I can't even remember why they started at certain points, but you can be sure he remembers. I get burning cocker eye communication if I miss a destination event. And now he's added pill time. You'd think he'd be waddling by now, but I'm quite proud that he's still lean and muscular even though a show cocker and lives to eat. Not sure whether I'll try to wean him off this extra treat in the evening when the pills are done. It's hard to ignore a dog sitting next to you on the sofa leaning forward intently with his ears up and eyes burning into the side of your skull. And he doesn't give up easily.  :005: It's their super power.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2019, 06:58:49 PM »
What's an extra treat between friends, especially when he has put all that time and effort into training you so beautifully.  I have to say, Fraser has done a marvellous job, stealth training is a special cocker skill!  :005:  Such a relief to hear that he is doing so well, and I would be the same, gradually build back up as opposed full on cocker mania with regard to activity.  Good news indeed.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2019, 07:24:17 PM »
How is Fraser doing now, is he continuing to improve?

Offline tritonx

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2019, 09:05:10 PM »
Yes.  :021: As far as I can tell, he's over whatever was afflicting him. He's almost at the end of his antibiotics though a piece of soft cheese every 12 hours is branded into his brain. His whole body goes into alert, ears up, staring at me when pill/cheese hour comes up. Not sure how I'm going to break that habit, or if it's even worth the effort it would take. Heh, I guess I could just gradually diminish the size of the bite to avoid putting unnecessary calories into his diet, never mind mine as it's a bit for him and a bit for me  :005:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2019, 09:39:17 PM »
I am sure a little bit of cheese is good for both of you, calcium and all that sort of thing  :005: Plus Fraser has excellent taste in cheese, such a refined palette needs to be encouraged   :shades:  Good to hear that he is doing so well, enjoy your cheese, and maybe a wee glass of wine to help wash it down! No Fraser, you are far too young!  :police: