Author Topic: Advice please (season)  (Read 710 times)

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
Advice please (season)
« on: May 08, 2006, 09:50:11 AM »
Bella is nearly 14 months old and started her first season almost 3 weeks ago. She had about 2 weeks of watery bleeding which started to tail off so we thought it was coming to an end but she now has a discharge with is thicker, darker (practically brown - looks a bit like melted chocolate) and it smells.

She was feeling sorry for herself in the beginning but is her normal self now.

Do I need to worry about this? (I am!) and should I ring the vet?

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: Advice please (season)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 10:05:41 AM »
This is fairly normal for the tail end of a season ('scuse the pun ;)) as the discharge does often become thicker & browner in the last week or so. When the initial discharge tailed off was when Bella was probably at her "peak" rather than at the end of her season so you probably have about a week to go, during which time the browny discharge should gradually get less & less & then disappear.
Jane

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
Re: Advice please (season)
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 04:39:47 PM »
Thanks for the advice Jane.

She's had this for a couple of days now so hopefullly it'll start to get less soon.

I did give the vet a quick ring this morning to be safe rather than sorry and they said that as she's normal in herself not to worry so that settled my mind as well. It was just it smelling that made me worry really.