Author Topic: White Dischage Advice please?  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
  • Wightroche Magical Knight
White Dischage Advice please?
« on: June 14, 2006, 10:04:42 PM »
Help, Snoopy has been on and off food for a few weeks, tried loads of differnet things to persuade him to eat and fingers crossed finally managed to achieve this, we took him to the vets yesterday to be sure he hadn't caught anything, which the vet doesn't think he has, just put it down to him being a fussy pup, his teeth bedding in (he is 7.5 months) and the heat.  But I noticed today after walking in on the Downs that he had white discharge from his nose on one side, I haven't noticed this before and just thought I'd check with you all to see if this was normal before I start to panic and arranged to contact the vets again....  Any advice would be really appreciated.

cheryl, owned by Snops, Rocks, Pebbles and Ruby Roo

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Re: White Dischager Advice please?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 10:12:06 PM »
Is it a bit frothy?

I don't know if it's normal or not, but Buddy gets it too, both sides. Usually when he's been pretty active on a walk.

If it's not normal then I really am a very bad owner! (Perhaps it's the cause of the pongy Buddy syndrome? :005:)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 10:13:54 PM »
Help, Snoopy has been on and off food for a few weeks, tried loads of differnet things to persuade him to eat and fingers crossed finally managed to achieve this, we took him to the vets yesterday to be sure he hadn't caught anything, which the vet doesn't think he has, just put it down to him being a fussy pup, his teeth bedding in (he is 7.5 months) and the heat.  But I noticed today after walking in on the Downs that he had white discharge from his nose on one side, I haven't noticed this before and just thought I'd check with you all to see if this was normal before I start to panic and arranged to contact the vets again....  Any advice would be really appreciated.

I'm sure you'll be whitehaired soon, he makes you worry so much, hun  ::)

I think hayfever discharge is normally clear, so if its white (mucus'y) he might have a seed or similar stuck up there; probably worth popping along to get it checked out  ph34r

Let me know how you get on  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Petra

• Site Member
  • yippee, water!!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 10:15:04 PM »
Dillon gets a white frothy discharge from his right nostril (always his right for some strange reason) at the end of an active walk.

As he is well within himself, and it happens only during an active walk I have not worried about it...

Petra

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 10:16:25 PM »
we get that a lot!!!! (well not me....the small brown one...) especially when jarv is running loads...and then he shakes his head and leaves an attractive trail right across his nose ph34r

i always put it down to just frothy dog snot....(sorry to those of a sensitive nature :005:)...

please correct me someone if this is wrong tho!
helen & jarvis x

Offline sniffsniff

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 12:12:20 AM »
we get that a lot!!!! (well not me....the small brown one...) especially when jarv is running loads...and then he shakes his head and leaves an attractive trail right across his nose ph34r

i always put it down to just frothy dog snot....(sorry to those of a sensitive nature :005:)...

please correct me someone if this is wrong tho!

:005:

Trix is exactly the same! You can always guarantee that someone comes over to say hello to her when she's got the 'trail'!  :005:

Mary.
RIP beautiful girl - you've left paw prints on my heart forever. Trixie 17/04/2003 - 14/07/2015

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 09:57:25 AM »
then he shakes his head and leaves an attractive trail right across his nose ph34r

i always put it down to just frothy dog snot....

such mastery of the English language  :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

The Roan Ragers both get this when they have been charging around like loonies - which is most of the time  ;) :lol:
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 05:42:15 PM »
then he shakes his head and leaves an attractive trail right across his nose ph34r

i always put it down to just frothy dog snot....

such mastery of the English language  :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

remember i'm a kiwi - so that is pretty refined for us lot :005:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
Re: White Dischage Advice please?
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 12:05:04 PM »
Thanks everyone for the reassurance, I'm just a wee paranoid  :huh:at the moment beacuse Snoopy  :luv:has decided not to eat a lot and although I took him to the vets they could not throw any light on possible causes, so I'm trying to make sure that he's not suffering from anything, so as you can imagine anything that I notice is different I worry about. 

Rachel thanks for being so supportive over the past few weeks with this and for all the advice. :D

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 12:12:57 PM »
awww i don't blame you for worrying....

it may be something as simple as he's a bit off his food in the heat...or he may be developing fussy-itis...common in our household ;)

(btw i thought the frothy snotty one had rabies the first time he 'foamed'...just for a nano-second you understand ph34r
helen & jarvis x

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 12:15:53 PM »
(btw i thought the frothy snotty one had rabies the first time he 'foamed'...just for a nano-second you understand ph34r

Glad I wasn't alone in this, as Snoopy is our first puppy I just want to make sure he is okay....  Although I don't think much is wrong as his activity levels haven't drop much  ph34r

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 12:47:29 PM »

Me too!

Maybe we should call this site Neurotic Cocker Owners On Line instead! :005: Hey! That would be N COOL! How cool is that!

Penel

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 01:03:34 PM »

Me too!

Maybe we should call this site Neurotoc Cocker Owners On Line instead! :005: Hey! That would be N COOL! How cool is that!

I think that would be very appropriate yes  :005: you lot honestly  ::)