Author Topic: Please Tell Me I Am Being Over The Top  (Read 2101 times)

Offline SARAHLP

• Site Member
  • Maisy at 4 weeks
Re: Please Tell Me I Am Being Over The Top
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 02:55:23 PM »
Glad she's ok!  Try & relax & have a good nights sleep tonight.
xxx Love Sarah & (crazy) Maisy xx

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2006, 02:56:07 PM »
Emma - so sorry I missed this before - I'm so glad Indie is feeling better. It's easy to panic - but if ever she is sick like this just try to stop and think what has happened in the few hours before that might be the cause.

Eating fur - the boys do that given half the chance and yes it will make them sick - idiots!  :005: Drinking bath water - yup that too is likely to make them icky. Being in season- just like us each bitch is different. You need to remember this for her next season and see if there are any similarities so you know what to expect next time. Then if there is anything our of the ordinary that you can't link to anything else - press the panic button  :005: Only joking - but by eliminating elements you either find your cause or confirm what you need to do, if anything.

The biggest thing though when a dog is sick is again just like us - it can just happen and be a one off and in no time they'll be back to normal. If it continues or is accompanied by other symptoms then you might need to get the vet to have a look. ALso rememebr how they pick up on our reactions. Indie will see/sense that you are scared and this willupset her more - so you need to try and stay calm, it will reallyhelp the overall situation not least you!

I really hope that didn't come across as preaching - it's not meant to be - I just hope ithelps ;).
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2006, 03:25:07 PM »
Glad she's on the mend today Emma - I'm the sam, but we just love our doggies to bits, and that's a good thing.

:luv:
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 03:53:29 PM »
awww poor Indie  :'( ..pleased she is feeling brighter today and enjoyed her play with Nell  :D  Someone once told me when they are sick with yellow foamy stuff its because they are hungry ...they cant distinguish hunger pains from poorly tum and so are sick..have no idea it its true  :-\

Sending you a (((BIG HUG))) Em x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2006, 05:07:43 PM »
Emma - so sorry I missed this before - I'm so glad Indie is feeling better. It's easy to panic - but if ever she is sick like this just try to stop and think what has happened in the few hours before that might be the cause.

Eating fur - the boys do that given half the chance and yes it will make them sick - idiots!  :005: Drinking bath water - yup that too is likely to make them icky. Being in season- just like us each bitch is different. You need to remember this for her next season and see if there are any similarities so you know what to expect next time. Then if there is anything our of the ordinary that you can't link to anything else - press the panic button  :005: Only joking - but by eliminating elements you either find your cause or confirm what you need to do, if anything.

The biggest thing though when a dog is sick is again just like us - it can just happen and be a one off and in no time they'll be back to normal. If it continues or is accompanied by other symptoms then you might need to get the vet to have a look. ALso rememebr how they pick up on our reactions. Indie will see/sense that you are scared and this willupset her more - so you need to try and stay calm, it will reallyhelp the overall situation not least you!

I really hope that didn't come across as preaching - it's not meant to be - I just hope ithelps ;).

I know Pam, its ok you didn't sound like you were preaching atall :D, I stupidly over-reacted big time ph34r :005:  I'm stressed out at the moment, thats my excuse anyway :lol:

Thanks, in the cold light of day I know I wouldn't have reacted the way I did :D

Have got my Bach rescue remedy at the ready for next time, (for me, not the dog :005:)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2006, 05:09:13 PM »
awww poor Indie  :'( ..pleased she is feeling brighter today and enjoyed her play with Nell  :D  Someone once told me when they are sick with yellow foamy stuff its because they are hungry ...they cant distinguish hunger pains from poorly tum and so are sick..have no idea it its true  :-\

Sending you a (((BIG HUG))) Em x

Thanks Sue :luv:  It could have been that, as apart from her fur, she didn't eat much yesterday ;)

Hope you and the girls are keeping well :Dx

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2006, 09:35:40 PM »
Sorry I didn't see this before Emma.

I'm so glad Indie feels better now; perhaps you'll be able to get a decent nights sleep now! ;)

I'm just the same- totally paranoid about the animals if they're sick!! ph34r
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)