Author Topic: "WEE" Problem  (Read 2498 times)

Offline JackieD

• Site Member
"WEE" Problem
« on: June 30, 2006, 07:16:41 AM »
Since yesterday evening Maddy has developed a "WEE" problem, in that she keeps crouching but is doing nothing more than a couple of spots.
She is eating and drinking fine and still perky, but she is licking her bits a lot more than usual.
I have managed to collect a few dribbles from her first wee this morning as she did manage a "little" one, am now waiting for vet to open and going to taker her straight in armed with my little bottle.
She has been doing the boy doggy thing of keep trying to "hump" my leg at every chance she can.
What the heck is happening to my baby ?? I did wonder is she is going to come into season extremely early she is only 51/2 months old.?
Has anyone else had this problem ??

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Re: "WEE" Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 07:19:33 AM »
It could be that she is coming into season but more likely she has a urinary infection. Well done on getting a bit of a sample!

The humping thing is very normal and not necessarily related to a season ;)
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline JackieD

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 07:34:18 AM »
Thanks Pammy, am hoping I have enough of a sample for them to test.
I must admit I have always had boys before so was completely shocked that little girls have this inclination as well :embarassed: little hussey her :lol:

Offline JackieD

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 09:20:30 AM »
Just to let you all know, we are just back from the vets and Maddy does have a UTI ! nasty man stuck two needles in her  :'( but I told her they would make her better, we also have tablets £54 lighter in my purse but at least I noticed straight away she had a problem, so alls well that ends well

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 09:24:15 AM »
Well done you! Hope Maddy gets better quickly ;)
Pam n the boys

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 12:30:12 PM »
Get well soon Maddy :luv:
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 12:43:41 PM »
Well done for taking a sample, Im sure she'll be much btter soon, we thing, bless her. :luv:
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Tracey Jane

• Site Member
  • We're just silly about Milly
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 01:52:49 PM »
Poor little girl - hope you feel better soon Maddy  :luv:

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 02:38:44 PM »
Hope she feels better soon
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 04:34:36 PM »
Just to let you all know, we are just back from the vets and Maddy does have a UTI ! nasty man stuck two needles in her  :'( but I told her they would make her better, we also have tablets £54 lighter in my purse but at least I noticed straight away she had a problem, so alls well that ends well

I hope she feels better soon  :luv:

Just wondering for the ££, can you claim it on your insurance??
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline JackieD

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 09:37:54 PM »
thank you for all your good wishes Maddy sends personl cocker :-* to you all.
The day has been pretty tough, I may have acted quickly but my poor baby is suffring so much, she crouches every few seconds and whimpers but nothing or the oddtiny spot will drip out. she is licking at her bits she will make them raw so I have just had her sat on my knee with her bunmin some nice tepit baby wash, what a sight me on the settee washing up bowl on knee dog gently being bum layered into water and mummy gently rinsing then for her and her sat legs wide open loving every minute of it.
The things we do for our pets  :luv:

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 09:41:18 PM »
Bless. I know how painful these infections can be having suffered several times. At least we now to drink lots etc - but a poor pocch doesn't.

The antibiotics will kick in soon then she'll feel a lot happier.
Pam n the boys

Offline JackieD

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 09:49:43 PM »
Pammy I have only had her 61/2 weeks and I feel as though I have let her down in some way letting her get this, is it something I have done ? should I only give her water that has been boiled first or even bottled watert, I will if I have to I don't mind, the only way I am getting her to drink a little more than usual is by putting ice cubes in her water, by the time she has chased them around she has also swallowed more of the water too.

Offline JackieD

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 10:03:40 PM »
well I am going to try to get maddy to settle down for the night, have put her bed beside the settee and I will sleep there with her tonight incase she needs me, better than me running in and out everytime I heard her whimper last night.
Nite nite guys gals I am completely worn out today speak to you soon

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2006, 10:24:12 PM »
Sleep well!! Many of us sleep with our dogs when they are ill. It's the best way to ensure you both get ome rest.

You have done nothing to giver her this. She could have picked it up from anywhere. The last thing you should do though is give her bottled water. It has too many minerals in it. Tap water is the best thing.

If she has a tendency to drink water from odd places when she's out - you might want to stop her, puddles for example. But tbh - she could have got this from anywhere at all.
Pam n the boys