Author Topic: Swollen face  (Read 2544 times)

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
Re: Swollen face
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 12:03:13 PM »
Hope he is ok Gill.

This reminds me a little of Miche's thread, where Mikey or Herbie (sorry Miche I forget which one now ph34r) had had some swelling and had felt really off colour, think he had been sick too actually.

I said in that thread that Bails had had something very similar the week before and we had popped him to the vets and our vet had said that she had seen an unusual number of dogs being brought in with this sort of thing - swelling around the ears and mouth.  She said she assumed it was a type of pollen causing a reaction.

Gave Bails piriton for a few days and it worked for him. :D
  Mich, Bailey and Poppy xxxxx

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 03:46:51 PM »
My little man has been to the vet and had to get 2 steroid injections. Luckily the swelling came back in time for the appt so that I didn't feel like a complete fraud :005: :005: He got a short acting steroid that will last for 24 hours and a long acting one that will cover him for 3 days. That should stop it coming and going as it has been. The vet did agree that it was most probably a sting but going by last nights reaction, I have to keep a close eye on him for the next day or two incase it happens again and his breathing gets impaired.

I got told off about his weight again ph34r He said that he was chubby at the moment but when he comes in for his booster in February, he will be FAT >:D He is sooo not overweight but you do start to get a bit paranoid when its the second person to tell you so  :005:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 03:49:56 PM »
So glad he's ok  ;) The diet starts tomorrow  :lol:
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 10:08:08 PM »
Glad things are going well for him!! :D
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 08:46:16 AM »
How is he today Gill, has the swelling gone down?
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 09:25:36 AM »
Let's hope the steroids wprk Gill and that Aspen has no more problems ;)  My neighbours Boxer has a swollen face at the moment too and is off to the vets today if there is no change, sounds like it's not uncommon at the moment :huh:

What is it with vets and cockers weight :huh: >:(
Mary & Lottie x

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 02:46:41 PM »
His face is pretty much back to normal, there is just one slightly puffy area on teh side of his face but he is much improved :D
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 02:54:36 PM »
Great news Gill. Hope it was just a one off ;) or you'll have to rename him Joihn Merrick :005:
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Lumi

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 03:51:11 PM »

We've had a couple of incidences.
When Dyl was stung on the mouth it was just one side of his face that swelled but one evening his face flared up with loads of little bumps. It's the only time he's been allowed to sleep in our room as we wanted to keep an eye on him and his breathing. Got up a couple of times in the night with him and all the small bumps had merged into one large on and he looked like a bull terrier.
The vet, who thought it might have been a plant - couldn't see anything to suggest something else - gave him a jab of something and he slept like a log for hours & hours.

Glad to hear your boy's getting over it.