Author Topic: Ben's in hospital  (Read 5077 times)

Offline waisis

• Site Member
  • Mr. Big Paws
Re: Ben's in hospital
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2006, 10:49:04 PM »
Bailey had a hacking, barfing up foam incident with chewing burrs out of his fur before too.  He didn't have to go to the vets as he did manage to cough and barf it all up.  I think the burrs must be very scratchy going down and irritate their throats and stomachs...but the stuff he barfed up was very weird, like white foam (not the usual yellow bile).  Bailey just couldn't resist picking them out of his coat that day and I was driving and couldn't stop him.  Be careful with those things!
Bailey and Mom

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2006, 10:53:31 PM »
Sorry to hear about poor Ben.  Burrs are a b****y nuisance,  >:( Jade came back from the woods this morning covered in them too.  I tried spraying Amazing Trix on them and they came out like a dream, I am going to try ordinary conditioner in a spray bottle next time to see if that works as it will be much cheaper, but if not Amazing Trix it is.
Hope Ben is well enough to come home tomorrow.

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2006, 10:57:47 PM »
Ooo Annie - please tell me where you get this Amazing Trix!  As Ben is a worker he just can't resist the undergrowth  ;)  This may help next time ;)

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2006, 11:03:39 PM »
It is from Dezyna Dog, they are online.  I would give the conditioner a try first if I were you though Debbie as it is quite expensive £4.99(?) for a 250ml bottle I think.  It really is a conditioner type thing that you can spray onto a wet or dry coat, so normal conditioner may do the trick.  I hope it works for you as they really are a nuisance.  :-\

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline louiebeans mum

• Site Member
  • Louiebean and Me.
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2006, 11:17:54 PM »
Awww poor little man, they are horribel things!!! Sending lots of love to Ben  :luv:, Hope he is feeling better soon x

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2006, 11:38:24 PM »
Poor Ben, and poor you.  :'(

It is sooo stressful when something like this happens.

I pulled quite a few out of Max today too after his morning walk. They are a flipping nuisance (and thats being polite  ;) )  I too can say Amazing Trix does the trick. Its a great product.

I know exactly what you went through, Max was rushed to the vets too today as we thought he had something stuck in his throat, he was wretching and drooling so much. But that's another story.

Hope Ben is well enough to come home tomorrow. Sending you and him lots of kisses from my three.  :-*
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2006, 12:02:41 AM »
Do so hope he is ok tomorrow, poor little boy. That is a lesson for us all,not something i would have thought about. will now, cocker hugs and :-* :-* to you both
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2006, 06:49:31 AM »
aww debbie sorry i missed this :-\

poor ben  and poor you! :'(

it's a lesson for me as well as jarv hates burrs and try's so hard to get rid of them himself - never realised they could do so much damage.

big hugs to you, becky and ben (..and hoping you don't have a hangover this morning)

helen xxxx
helen & jarvis x

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2006, 07:16:29 AM »
oh no! poor ben and poor you.
hope he is well enough to go home today deb.
them bl**dy burs are the bane of my life.luckily both mine never try to remove them.they leave all that to me.i will be extra careful in future after reading how awful things can turn out.
get well ben.

Offline raylou

• Site Member
  • MY 2 BABIES
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2006, 08:34:25 AM »
There is nothing worse than seeing your beloved dog in pain - it`s just awful. I`m glad to hear that Ben is on the mend and hope he is soon back home with you for lots of cockers kisses and cuddles  :luv:
Rachael & Bonnie xx

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2006, 10:26:22 AM »
Just seen this.  Sounds horrible  :-\

Hope he is feeling better today, and he is back home soon :luv:
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2006, 12:21:18 PM »
Just thought I'd add a quick update while at work!

The vet said that they want to sedate him again (this was a 10 this morning so may have been done already) to have another look before letting him home.  I have to call at about 3pm to find out.

The good news is that he's making his presence felt  :005:  He was offered some food this morning and ate it in seconds!  He was also described as 'very bright and lively' .................

I'll let you know how he is later!

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2006, 02:39:44 PM »
Just caught up with this, I'm glad he seems to be on the mend, here's hoping all's well when you phone later and he can come home, and be spoilt rotton ;)

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2006, 03:09:23 PM »
I seem to have missed this!

Glad to hear Ben is on the mend - they do give us a fright don't they?!! Im sure a glass of wine to help you settle him in nicely tonight wouldnt go amiss!!

Cx
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2006, 04:50:57 PM »
So sorry I missed this Debbie, poor poor Ben, it must have been so horrible for him.  My two get covered in those nasty things too but I am going to watch them even more now.  It must have been very frightening for him to have burrs stuck in his throat.

I hope he is a lot better now.
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx