Author Topic: Who Nose?  (Read 823 times)

Offline benji

• Site Member
Who Nose?
« on: March 14, 2007, 09:39:17 AM »
Excuse the bad pun in the subject line!

Have been thinking about this for a while now - Benji never has a very wet nose.
I've always been told that a healthy dog's nose would be 'moist' !

Thinking back he's always been this way (nearly 6 months old now) and had a check over with the vet when we got him 4 months ago who didn't mention anything..

Am I worrying unnecessarily? Are there different types of wet noses??!

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
Re: Who Nose?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 10:11:47 AM »
Max's nose is rarely wet so when I was at the vets I asked the same question & was told that it's a myth & not to worry.
He told me that some breeds of dogs with smaller noses where the dogs can't easily lick their nose  :005: will never be moist  :huh:
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline benji

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 10:37:35 AM »
Oh that's put my mind at rest then!

Just did a search through the forums (probably should have done that first  :embarassed:) and it appears that there are lots of Cockers with dry noses.

Thanks!

Offline Miss Poohs

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 05:04:37 PM »
Ruffy's nose can be very dry, the vet said if it's really bad to rub a tiny wee drop of vaseline into it. Vahri usually has a nice moist wee snout  :D

Offline Sue67

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 06:09:41 PM »
Indy has a very cold wet nose, which she enjoys sticking in my butt crack whenever the opportunity presents itself.  :lol:

It makes squatting to pick things up a race, can I get it and stand up? Or will I get the cold nose treatment?

:005:  :005:

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 06:45:53 PM »
Indy has a very cold wet nose, which she enjoys sticking in my butt crack whenever the opportunity presents itself.  :lol:

It makes squatting to pick things up a race, can I get it and stand up? Or will I get the cold nose treatment?

Waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too much information  ph34r :lol: :lol:

Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline lucyjane84

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 08:55:29 PM »

HAHAHA! Me and Charlie play this game often, have banged my head few times when i've had it in the fridge and suddenly - wet nose in bum crack and smack head on roof of fridge! Naughty Charlie  >:D