Author Topic: Wilf's got a lump  (Read 8567 times)

Offline shaendix

• Site Member
    • espanielcockerspaniels.co.nz
Wilf's got a lump
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2003, 08:41:21 AM »
Just want to let you know that COL members from across the globe are thinking of you and Wilf. Hope all is OK. Best wishes                    

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
Wilf's got a lump
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2003, 08:50:14 AM »
Thinking of you today Penny and hope Wilf will be OK.   ;)                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Wilf's got a lump
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2003, 09:21:36 AM »
Hi Penny , just to let you know ,i,m thinking of you today.
 and hopefully there might be some better news. ;)

(((( hugs ))))                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Wilf's got a lump
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2003, 09:53:23 AM »
Hi Penny

Just wanted to say that your are in our thoughts today,  hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Best wishes

Emma and Indie                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Wilf's got a lump
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2003, 02:43:03 PM »
Hope you get some good news Penny :- Give the brave little soldier a big  :-* from me and the boys.                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline PennyB

Wilf's got a lump
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2003, 06:46:04 PM »
I wish I could give him a hug but its a bit difficult as he's so far away, but he's charming his vet nurse up there.

They've been doing biopsies of lump and lymph today and repeating them. Surgeons have seen him and want to remove lump on Thursday, but they need to wait for results of biopsies for (why I don't know yet).                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline PennyB

Wilf's got a lump
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2003, 07:41:26 PM »
Have just had to make that awful decision of wait and see or remove the lump from his ear. If they remove the lump there they are also going to remove part of his ear and have also decided to remove the lymph node.

The results are inconclusive but erring on the side of cancer. I could wait and see to see if it resolves (but that could take months and months). His ear is really bothering him as it bleeds if he scratches it and if he only has a short time left then I wouldn't want the ear to be an additional problem.

I've opted for surgery as damned if I do damned if I don't. The vet had a couple of long chats with me this evening to help me arrive at an informed decision. The risks of surgery are obviously surgery itself.

Main problem is that there are no papers on this particular type of cancer as its so rare (only anecdotal stuff) and he fits the profile of being young as only young dogs get the original benign lump in the 1st place.

He'll be operated on tomorrow and then they need to monitor him for the next 24 hours so I should be bringing him home over the weekend.

If the cancer is just confined to the lymph node then in theory I guess they are removing the source but even though he got the all clear as to the rest of his body there still could be a chance there is some there. Or he could fully recover.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Wilf's got a lump
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2003, 08:15:32 PM »
Aww Penny I am speechless really :(  But just wanted to say I would have done the same thing.  You are being asked to make decisions in a very grey area, you can only go by what the vets are saying, so I with that in mind, I am sure its right for your Wilf.  

It wont be long before you are reunited with your beloved very brave little guy Wilf :)

Take care Penny

Emma and Indie xxxx                    

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
Wilf's got a lump
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2003, 09:44:42 PM »
Penny I am so sorry to hear about Wilf. I have just been catching up with some of the threads and I was very sad to read this one. I really hope things turn out to be ok for you both. None of these decisions are easy to make, but I also would have done the same thing as you. Whether it turns out to be the right or wrong decision at least you are trying to do something positive for him. If there is such a thing as the power of positive thoughts then I'm sending you both bucket loads. Lots of luck.
Lou and Alfie.                    
Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.