Author Topic: No news about Holly but  (Read 1781 times)

Offline PennyB

Re: No news about Holly but
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 04:56:50 PM »
Be guided by your vet.

I agree as different vets have different ideas as to what they do. However, if it keeps getting damaged it might get infected or even necrotic --- damage in itself is good initially, ie often when a vet does a fine needle biopsy to diagnose it that in itself can be enough to then get the histiocytoma to break down but if its constantly being aggravated then it may be better to have it removed altogether
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 12:03:40 PM »
maybe put a bit tubigrip or bandage sock on both legs so it confuses the dog as to which leg to try and get the dressing off. hopefully the dressing will then stay on 50% longer!  :luv: :005:

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 12:05:38 PM »
Oh good God Sheryl, You did say 2007 was not your year so here's hoping now its 2008 it all starts to improve. Give wee Kali and a squidge from me  :-*
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 12:18:15 PM »
I think Alfie has one of these as well, I found it last night, he was on my knee and I was tickling him and suddenly I felt it and was like 'what the heck?!'. It's a hairless warty looking lump and it's quite big but it doesn't seem to be hurting or bothering him. We're off to the vet tomorrow, couldn't get an appointment today. Tilly's coming too cos she's got a hurty ear, they must've been saving it all up over Christmas. All I need now is for Rodaidh to poke himself in the eye or something today and it'll be a job lot  ::) :005:

I hope Kali's disappears and she is ok, she and the Alfster may be able to sympathise with each other if they have to have them removed though  :005: :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 12:42:23 PM »
This was Jaspers pre removal on his neck, it was quite large but proved to be harmless though was obviously not going to disappear on its own..

and Louie's

Louies was smaller but he scratched it so was put on anti-B's but went on its own

The boys post falling off/removal, Louies hair has never grown back though so there is a small circular hairless patch on his head.  :shades:
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i180/jaspersmum/P1040063.jpg

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie