Author Topic: Rolo and Liath coughing and being sick.  (Read 4607 times)

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
Re: Rolo and Liath coughing and being sick.
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 04:06:45 PM »
wot spanielcrazy said  ;)

you've got 3 fit dogs there - if it's a bog standard strain, and you've got it early they should be over the coughing within a few days  :D
whew! I hate not getting out and about..and the weather seems to be getting better. right best get them ready. and tell pepper to be on her best behaviour and not to bite the vet.  ;) Id like to bite him tho with all the "extra charges!"

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 04:10:27 PM »
Oooops how the heck did I forget about the Manuka honey  ph34r.....just dug mine out of the cupboard and fed them a spoonful each to be on the safe side.  ;)

how are your 2?
it sounds very coincidency doesnt it?
 if fred starts  and alfie and tilly as well... ph34r

Just now they seem ok, Sally is coughing about once and hour but is no longer being sick. Glen is a bit more frequent with the cough and has sicked up bile about 8 time today. His breakfast stayed down though and it is just bile and froth. I was convinced it was due to the worming tablets as Sally was sick about 12oclock yesterday but never coughed until this morning. Glen started being sick about 1.30am and got the cough about 6 this morning. It does seem awful coincidental and now I am feeling well guilty as Fred was here most of today and we met up yesterday afternoon so if they have got KC and he managed to avoid it before he's probably got it now  ph34r ph34r
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 04:22:25 PM »
I hope they're all ok. No sign of any coughing with any of my lot, Alfie and Tilly had the kc vax the year before last (Tilly had it from the rescue) but I didn't renew it and it doesn't work half the time anyway  ::) 

Poor guys, and Glen and Sally too  :'(  I really hope they're all ok  :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 05:23:44 PM »
Oh I hope everydog ok.. Fred was coughing thurs/friday but when he was sick it was a ball of tennis ball fluff and grass, he had been v v loose the last couple of days but after 2 days of Chicken &Rice he is right as rain now (dog gets fed better than me most days :005:). 

I really hope they are ok jean and there are no 'hidden ph34r 'charges with the vet

Lisa
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 05:27:23 PM »
Sorry to hear about your babies ..hope they are better soon (((hug)))) x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 07:16:47 PM »
well tis kennel coff!  ph34r
 antibiotics and benylin is what she advised tho I think I may buy manuka honey instead of benylin.
 I got charged 1 consultation as I took all 3 intogether. separately it would have been 63.60 I paid 21.15 plus 3.60 for the anti b's. Im getting fly to them.
I kept them out in the car so as not to infect other dogs.  then once surgery was over I had to take them in so I was there a while.
they all behaved well and only pepper managed to leap off the table as soon as I put her on it, the vet commented on how muscular and fit they all were and was very taken with liath. I think she would have kept her if Id left her behind! ( as if!) she kept saying she couldnt believe how laid back they were.. Rolo had stretched out for a snooze on the floor while pepper was being examined. I think Ive converted her to working cockers.  :luv:

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 07:19:55 PM »
Awwww crap that was not what I was hoping to read. Gonna treat my too as if they definately have it. Can't do them any harm. Hope your 3 babes feel better soon, not suprised you converted your vet with gorgeous doggies like you've got  :luv: :luv:

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008, 07:23:24 PM »
Awwww crap that was not what I was hoping to read. Gonna treat my too as if they definately have it. Can't do them any harm. Hope your 3 babes feel better soon, not suprised you converted your vet with gorgeous doggies like you've got  :luv: :luv:
aww shucks!!  :luv: :luv: :005: :005:
 when really they can be.. >:D >:D
 looks can be deceiving  :angel: >:D :angel: >:D :angel: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2008, 07:45:49 PM »
I currently have 2 dogs down with it - its absolutely rife here just now. I used Dorwests Garlic & Fenugreek tablets in January when we had it and it worked a treat so am using that again this time.
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2008, 07:51:46 PM »
I currently have 2 dogs down with it - its absolutely rife here just now. I used Dorwests Garlic & Fenugreek tablets in January when we had it and it worked a treat so am using that again this time.
wheres the best place to get them from?

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 08:15:33 PM »
I now order mine through work but used to just purchase them direct from Dorwest online. They deliver really quickly
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 12:20:25 AM »
Just caught up with this.  Hope all the dogs get well soon - sending cocker snogs from Mellycome  :-* :-* :-*
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline *sandra*

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2008, 01:00:28 AM »
jean came in on her way home from the vet this afternoon to let me know and to say we have to keep our dogs apart for a while. mine are ok so far !

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 02:48:55 AM »
Ooooohhh poor doglets and you  :luv: :-* Hope they are over it real soon, at least they have it at the same time

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2008, 10:19:58 AM »
Well I have had another terrible night...Sally is not too bad but at one point in the night Glen was coughing so hard and struggling to get his breath so much he started to panic so so did I. He seems a bit better this morning but he gets stressed when he has a coughing fit. All through the night everytime he coughed (every half hour - hour) I had to sit up and calm him down again. I am soooo knackered.  :'(