Author Topic: Jellyfish  (Read 896 times)

Offline mezzamo

Jellyfish
« on: May 24, 2008, 08:41:16 PM »
We've been on Formby beach today with Romeo and there there were loads of little jelly fish (i think?!). Romeo out of the blue just started eating them, we kept trying to get them off him but he must have eaten at least 5.  Has anyone else's dog done this and is this something I should be worried about.  He has been totally fine since eating them which was now several hours ago and he has eaten his tea with the usual gusto and shows no sign of any discomfort. Do I need to worry or is it the equivalent of eating sushi??
Mary, Tony & Romeo XXX

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Jellyfish
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 09:42:43 PM »
jellyfish as far as i know sting us - not sure what they do to dogs tho - hope pooch is ok
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 10:38:18 PM »
i *think* it would depend on the type of jellyfish.  Keep an eye on him, sounds like he's ok though :D
helen & jarvis x

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 08:56:19 AM »
We was going there with Charley today - think i might give it a miss as i hate jelly fish!  :-\

REUBY DOOO!

Offline screamingswifts

• Limited Member
  • Fargo the Scruff Butt
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 11:21:14 AM »
I posted this a little while ago in response to a similar query......

Fargo likes to lick them ::) the common small clear 'moon' jelly fish won't do much damage, just mildly irritating

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_jelly

but watch out for the larger 'orange' lion's mane ones...even when dead they'll cause nasty stings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion's_mane_jellyfish

Offline mezzamo

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 01:43:50 PM »
Yes they were definitely the moon jelly fish and there were so many of them. Glad to know I don't need to worry as much next time were at the beach, although I will still try to stop him eating them as they look like phlegm..yuck :005:
Mary, Tony & Romeo XXX