Author Topic: Wet exczema  (Read 1101 times)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Wet exczema
« on: June 02, 2008, 08:07:21 PM »
The past 2 days in this house has been a complete mare  >:D  I noticed yesterday blood on Jersey's head and when I parted the hair, she has scratched her head raw and there is a huge patch of wet exczema. This in itself is fine and I have the necessary conventional stuff squirreled away for treating it ie hibiscrub & Fuciderm. However, Harlem has been demented by this and is very distressed. He is constantly trying to get to her head to lick it so she is constantly having to tell him off. When this happens,he paces,pants, digs the floor, whines etc etc. Even on walks, he is constantly trying to be on top of her. Its dreadful - was just wondering if anyone knew of any other treatments for this that may work quicker before I pack his bags  :005:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Spaniel Girl

• Site Member
Re: Wet exczema
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 09:16:57 PM »
My next door neighbours lab had this on the top of his head, it looked so sore plus he was going demented with the itching which made it worse as he would rub the top of his head along the carpet, she took him to the vet and he shaved the area and gave corticosteroid cream and antibiotics and he had to wear a collar to stop him itching. 

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 10:51:27 PM »
No advice on the exczma (sp?) but I was mightily confused that Jay (a new member) had 2 dogs the same names as yours Gill  :005: :005:

Then I spotted your signature lol

Janey

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 10:56:29 PM »
 :lol2: :lol2:

I have actually officially changed my name but most people still call me Gill - what a waste of £36 that was  :005: :005:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 08:49:20 AM »
oh I see......how exciting....have you changed it to hide from the past? Are you in the witness protection scheme? .....or did u just fancy a new name???  :D

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 10:42:34 AM »
Jade had this last year on her neck, it drover her mad and Archie kept licking it and wouldn't leave her alone.  I took her to the vet who gave her a steroid injection to stop the itching, it worked within the hour, a course of anti-b's and some steroid tablets for 2 weeks, as well as hydrocortisone cream.  Archie left her alone after a couple of days, when it started to dry up.

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 11:09:09 AM »
Bailey gets this often, and the vet gave us Aurizon liquid (usually for ear problems) for it and it works a treat.  If I get it early, only 1 application is needed, if it quite bad before I see it, 2-3 days, once a day clears it up.  It really does work that quick, and I always have a little bottle in the house.
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx