Author Topic: B****y grass seeds again  (Read 1292 times)

Offline angelbaby

• Site Member
  • My love, my life, my cocker spaniel
B****y grass seeds again
« on: August 08, 2008, 12:24:41 PM »
My poor boy has had to be left at the vets today to be put under sedation or anaesthetic to remove a grass seed from his left ear, he was abit of a pain to just have a look at it, hes very nervous at the vets to say im worried and upset is an understatement! i left the vets in floods of tears they must think im a right wally! :'(   im just so worried something will go wrong with my baby, i couldnt bear to lose him under anaestheitc hes my everything :'( i know im probably exxagerating and thinking the worst but im just in bits, ive never left him for this long before i might not get him back til 4!
My little angel, sent to me in my time of need, i love you with every piece of my broken heart xx
My beautiful boy xx

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Re: B****y grass seeds again
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 12:48:58 PM »

aaww - poor Qunicy....  :luv:
I'm sure he'll be fine, but nothing anyone says is going to stop you worrying until you get your little man back!!!
 :luv:
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 12:51:30 PM »
Aww I'm sure he'll be fine
Why not give them a ring, then go shopping to PAH to get him a welcome home treat. :luv:
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 12:52:04 PM »
 :-* :-* :-* they won't think you're a wally just a loving owner. :luv:

I hope he's back home soon. :-*
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 01:14:51 PM »
I know how much Quincy means to you Kelly - it's only natural for you to feel this way.  If it's any consolation I bawled my eyes out when I had to leave Jarv at the vets, I really hated it  :'( :'(

no point saying don't worry but try not to think the worst - he is a really fit young man and I'm sure he'll be home with you soon  :luv:

thinking of you both  :-* :-*
helen & jarvis x

Offline suzieq

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 02:20:37 PM »
Kelly i really do understand how you're feeling.
Ive had to leave Zak twice in just under 2 weeks for general anaesthetic because of b****y grass seeds >:D
its awful and it makes you feel so helpless.
stay strong, he'll be back home with you soon and you can spoil him rotten :luv:
thinking of you both

sue, zak and strider x
Your dog is a simpler version of you, only smaller, hairier and with a big wet tongue! (j.rose barber)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 02:24:52 PM »
Poor Qunicy and poor you Kelly. There's definitely no point saying don't worry because I know I was a nervous wreck when I had to leave Alfie and Rodaidh in for operations earlier this year but I'm sure that Quincy will be fine and back home with you before you know it :luv: :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline angelbaby

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 03:01:38 PM »
phew hes home, hes still bit sleepy and i just gave him some yummy tuna and he scoffed the lot so thats good, although i just helped him onto the sofa cause his little back legs didnt quite make it bless im, blimey i hope he doesnt get anymore of these i dont think i could go through this that often x
My little angel, sent to me in my time of need, i love you with every piece of my broken heart xx
My beautiful boy xx

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 03:08:17 PM »
glad he's home safe and sound  :luv: :luv: :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Eceni

• Limited Member
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 03:13:07 PM »
I met a guy today who makes a hood for his springer to keep the seeds out of his ears.   Seemed like a really good idea.  Think it was made of some kind of mesh fabric, with draw-strings at either end and kind of held on with elastoplast.  Dog doesn't seem to mind and the bloke says he's found any number of grass seeds on it, so it might be working.

worth a thought?

e
"The only requirements for a soft landing (from peak oil) are that power companies tell the truth about their reserves and that Governments act before they have to. I hope this makes you feel safer." George Monbiot

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 03:49:09 PM »

Glad to hear Quincy is home safe and sound - I'm sure you'll make sure he is suitably spoiled this evening!!!  :luv:
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 04:01:40 PM »
My poor boy has had to be left at the vets today to be put under sedation or anaesthetic to remove a grass seed from his left ear, he was abit of a pain to just have a look at it, hes very nervous at the vets to say im worried and upset is an understatement! i left the vets in floods of tears they must think im a right wally! :'(   im just so worried something will go wrong with my baby, i couldnt bear to lose him under anaestheitc hes my everything :'( i know im probably exxagerating and thinking the worst but im just in bits, ive never left him for this long before i might not get him back til 4!
I know exactly how you were feeling, as it happened to us when we took Sammy to have his 'bits' seen too. He must've thought we had abandoned him :'(
Glad that your baby is home and being spoiled rotten :-*'s<-- to you both
'Everybody lurrves Sammy!'
03/02/04 - 27/10/14 :'(

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 04:06:05 PM »
Awwww bless him, it's horrible when they're all wobbly isn't it? :luv: I bet by tomorrow morning he'll be raring to go. ;) :005:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline angelbaby

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 08:57:53 PM »
tomorrow! hes back to normal now! and hes looking at me as if to say 'so where was my walk today mum?' i put him in the garden with a tripe stick to give him some space from greedy annoying scotch (the kitten), and hes been happily and busily nuffling about out there behind the shed!  im so glad hes back to normal, hes got 7 days worth of antibiotics to start yet in the morning!
My beautiful boy xx

Offline suzieq

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 11:45:35 AM »
Thats fantastic news!!!
Glad he's home and back to normal :luv:

sue, zak and strider x
Your dog is a simpler version of you, only smaller, hairier and with a big wet tongue! (j.rose barber)