Author Topic: Zak - Interdigital Cyst? with photo  (Read 1321 times)

Offline suzieq

• Site Member
Zak - Interdigital Cyst? with photo
« on: August 31, 2008, 07:04:49 PM »
After all zaks problems and two operations caused by the dreaded grass seeds >:D i thought we were at last back to normal.
Should have known better :-\
Checking his feet yesterday and have found what i think is a cyst between his toes on his right front foot :-\
I know this is a lousy photo but my camera has packed in so had to use my phone.
Can anyone tell from this - is it a cyst? Is it likely to be caused by another grass seed >:D
I'm bathing in epsom salts.Puting manuka honey cream on.
Do this mean another vets visit?
Don't know how this has happened, he's been on lead walks for last 3 or 4 weeks due to the previous ops :huh:

sue and zak
Your dog is a simpler version of you, only smaller, hairier and with a big wet tongue! (j.rose barber)

Offline ladylola

• Donator
Re: Zak - Interdigital Cyst? with photo
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 07:22:05 PM »
That looks exactly like what Monty had. There is some photos of his foot somewhere on the health board.  He was operated on a week later and nothing was found in it, but a month or so later a lump appeared further up his foot. He has had this operated on ten days ago. The only trouble is it burst the night before  the op and I don't know what came out of it. The vet thinks it's probably a grass seed that has migrated from between his toes. They opened up his foot and didn't find anything so they think he may have got it himself when he burst it. It's a wait and see game to see if any more lumps appear.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline jools

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 10:25:57 PM »
Oh, Sue....I can't believe Zak is going through this again. I have to say it, but it does look like a grass seed to me. Get him on silica as soon as possible.

I check Brams and Pop after every grass / wood walk. I have a camping headlamp I put on  ph34r and use tweezers to pull the bloo*y things out from between their toes. I must have pulled out hundreds over the past few weeks, and if you think it takes just 1 to do the damage.

Sending love and big hugs to you both  :-*
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline jools

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 01:47:24 PM »
What's the news, Sue?

Offline suzieq

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 05:04:19 PM »
Have got him on silica (again!)
There seems to be a sort of tiny brown spot at the edge of the cyst so i'm wondering if this could be a seed ph34r
Our regular vet doesn't have surgery till tomorrow afternoon so am gonna keep bathing with the epsom salts in the hope that the >:D will come to a head and burst before then.
I've really got fingers crossed that we won't need to go cos he's been on three lots of antibiotics in the last few weeks(as well as two ops)so i'd like to avoid treatment if possible :-\

sue and zak x
Your dog is a simpler version of you, only smaller, hairier and with a big wet tongue! (j.rose barber)

Offline jools

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 05:25:17 PM »
Zak's the official COL grass seed magnet  :005: It sounds like the brown bit could be the grass seed - give it a wee gentle squeeze when you're cleaning it and see if it pops out. TBH, if it isn't causing him bother, i wouldn't take him to the vet for another couple of days - give the silica a chance to work.

As always, keep us posted.  :-*