Author Topic: Chloe was spayed today!  (Read 1955 times)

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
Chloe was spayed today!
« on: November 05, 2008, 07:30:24 PM »
I'm sorry, I know this has been discussed almost every time a board members bitch has been spayed but I daren't search through the topics as I feel so bad!

I put the cone on when we got home and all she did was sit there with her head hung! I couldn't bare it and couldn't imagine how on earth she could get a drink or food if she wanted it! So tried a tshirt on her and other than her legs coming out the arm holes and the fact it barely covers her stitches it was fine! But I daren't leave her in a tshirt over night which might ride up to uncover her stitches! So I've put the collar back on and she's sat head hung again and whimpering again!  :'( She's being so brave and I've moved her bed next to the sofa where I'm sat so I can stroke her as she sleeps but I'm in tears looking at her! I can't stand this!

Should I be strong and leave the cone on? I don't want to shut her in her cage tonight with the cone on as unless she doesn't move all night it's going to drive her insane! The cage is just right for her to get comfy in and turn around but with a cone on she's going to struggle.  :-\ So had already planned on moving her bed into the kitchen and keeping the door shut so she can't get to the stairs or the sofa to jump on.

She's being really brave and has had some cooked ham and chicken (trying not to spoil her honest!) she's even looked at her food but turned her nose up at it!

She's just stood on her back legs trying to scratch the cone off! She really isn't happy! Any advice please????????????????

Offline Claire7

• Site Member
Re: Chloe was spayed today!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 07:42:20 PM »
We put a t-shirt on Breagha when she was spayed and she was completely fine with it, we didn't even try her with one of the cones.  As for eating she ate a little bit of chicken and rice later on in the evening after she had it done but she was very tired and slept most of the night.

Hope she's better soon  :luv:
Claire, Breagha and Brodie x

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 07:43:42 PM »
Thanks Claire, I might go back to the tshirt yet, I'm now wondering why on earth I booked her to get spayed on bonfire night!!!!!  :o How stupid? I didn't think it would be too bad tonight but it is so she's stressed with that now as well! I can see me sleeping on the coach tonight or at least laying on it!

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 09:54:29 PM »
Oh Adele, really feel for you  :'(

I've got this to come with my Chloe...didn't realise it could be so stressful. Hope the night goes quickly and wee Chloe is feeling better in the morning  :luv:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 09:59:12 PM »
Hope she has a good night, if I was you I would be sleeping on the sofa (I did this when Baja was neutered) he slept with me and I could leave the collar off as was so tired he didn't touch it, then it went back on in the morning.

Hope you all manage to get some sleep

Offline jaymac

• Site Member
  • Poppy Puppy
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 09:05:46 PM »
I bet she's feeling much better now...and you too.  Poppy didn't have a collar or a t-shirt and she was very good.  The first night was hard though, I stayed downstairs with her and she had me up seven times to let her out.

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 09:48:55 PM »
I hope you are both feeling better  :luv:
When Rosie was spayed I was very stressed, she had a t-shirt on as she hated the lampshade so I had her sleep next to me on her quilt by the side of my bed. I didn't sleep at all well for a week  :-\ as I was listening out for her licking the wound. We also had to keep the door shut so she couldn't go near the stairs which I find very hard (hate being closed in ) Spent a month carrying her up and down the stairs. Also made everyone sit on the floor as the cushions on the sofa were up so she couldn't jump up  :blink: things we do for our babies  :005:
It was all worth it though, Rosie recovered really well and had a tiny little scar  :luv:
Get well soon little one  :luv:
Jo

Offline PennyB

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 03:18:28 PM »
Hope everything is a lot better now --- my vets don't give clients a 'bucket' after neutering ops at all as they feel most dogs don't need them (plus the dogs often hate them --- mind you Ruby didn't mind hers after her eye op strange girl she is)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 04:39:04 PM »
Hi guys, Chloe's doing really well, other than being desperate for a good walk! We went back to have her wound checked on Friday and all is fine thankfully! Back on Friday to have the stitches removed! We've given up on the tshirt now as she doesn't bother with the wound at all and kept finding ways to get it off!  >:D Really glad she's been good and just can't wait til Friday so we can go for a nice long, no doubt soggy walk!  :005:

Offline dizzymare

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 08:44:10 PM »
I'm glad she is recovering well. Got this to come in New Year, and I'm dreading it

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 08:51:00 PM »
So pleased all is going well, they are such a worry.

My vet made me wait another 10 days after stitches came out before we had a long walk  :-\ exercise was the thing that Rosie missed the most  :-\ she loves her walks across the fields playing in the puddles  :005:  Roll on summer  :blink:

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 08:54:27 PM »
Another 10 days after the stitches came out?  :o No way! I just can't wait to get back out there! If the weather wasn't so bad I'd be out there on my own! LOL! She is doing well and it is a huge worry but they do bounce back, a little bit too well! My advice to everyone though, don't get it done at the beginning of November!  >:D The fireworks really haven't helped her recovery! Tonight they were going off and she jumped up on the sofa next to me before I realised as she was so scared! They weren't even that loud!  :embarassed: