Author Topic: In Season & Refusing to pee outside  (Read 868 times)

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
In Season & Refusing to pee outside
« on: November 07, 2008, 03:29:52 PM »
Misha's currently in season at the moment, and I had read that they can lose the housetraing a bit.  However, Misha is refusing to go outside to pee, also she's hanging on for ages between toilet stops.. Yesterday, she went out at 6.30am after much persuation (basically I had to shut the door), and then didn't go again until about 4.30pm, and then on the floor  indoors even after I'd opened the back door for her to go out.   First thing this morning she refused to go out, so I stood outside with her, but she still refused to go.  This afternoon I left the door open for her, but she still went and peed inside on the kitchen floor.  She's off her food at the moment, which I understand is normal, but is still up for "treats"

Is this normal behaviour, the not wanting to pee outside.  In the last few days she peed on average about 3x - 1st thing in the morning, late afternoon and before bed (and then with lots of encouragement).  She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort and is quite happy.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline hovis

• Site Member
    • www.kasordoncockers.com
Re: In Season & Refusing to pee outside
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 11:48:42 PM »
..............cant offer much advice really. My bitch seems to pee more when she's in season, almost as if shes leaving a scent mark for all the local 'lads' little strumpet that she is!  :005:

And as for being off her food - Millie Mooster aka Pigster - NEVER!

Perhaps try going back to basics and rewarding her with a 'treat' once she has been for a pee.

Your dog is your friend, partner & defender. You are his life, love & leader. He will be yours, faithful & true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Offline dizzymare

• Site Member
Re: In Season & Refusing to pee outside
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 08:50:54 PM »
yes, Ellie was weeing more than usual.  I didnt realise it at the time but the week that she came into season, she seemed to stop about every 50 yards or so, crouch to wee, but didnt really do anything. sorry cant help with the not wanting to pee, not had that problem, but there seems to be some very odd changes in behaviour