Author Topic: Digby's got a sore paw  (Read 692 times)

Offline Victoria Plumb

• Site Member
  • ~~Adores her cockers Digby & George~~
    • digby
Digby's got a sore paw
« on: December 06, 2008, 04:47:17 PM »
Hi all.

One of Digby's front pads is causing him a problem as he keeps licking it, Ive had a look at it and in places the black has come away showing a flesh colour underneath. I dont really know what to do, could this be causing him alot of pain? Should I be concerned enough to take him up to the vets?

Any advice would be appreciated.
From a worried cocker nutty Mummy!! x :luv:

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
Re: Digby's got a sore paw
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 04:59:33 PM »
I would take him to the vets just to be on the safe side there might be something in there i don't know if its the wrong season for grass seeds but thats what was in Bonnies paw earlier on this year.
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 05:39:04 PM »

Check if there are any signs of infection between the pads - and if so I would probably pop him to the vet.

It sounds like he's grazed his pad though - have you had snow and ice your way?  he could have 'burnt' his paw on it.  If you have any aloe gel I would put some of that on it.
helen & jarvis x

Offline Victoria Plumb

• Site Member
    • digby
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 05:52:26 PM »
Thanks so much guys. I will take him up to the vet in the morning to get it checked and be on the safe side. Im off to dab aloe gel onto it for him Thanks againx    ;)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 06:18:13 PM »
Thanks so much guys. I will take him up to the vet in the morning to get it checked and be on the safe side. Im off to dab aloe gel onto it for him Thanks againx    ;)

It could wait til Monday unless your vets are open on a Sunday - if it is a burn/graze it will probably start to feel better quite quickly  :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline cfordham2710

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 06:25:13 PM »

As it is Sunday tomorrow, try rubbing some "hooman" antiseptic cream on it.  I will help with the irritation and help him feel more comfortable.  If it's still bad on Monday, take him to vets.  Just make sure he doesn't like the cream off!!!!

Offline Victoria Plumb

• Site Member
    • digby
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 08:05:02 PM »
Thanks guys, I put some aloe gel on it earlier and as he was sat with me sleeping I have just put some antiseptic on it .He just looked at what I was doing then put his head back down and went back to sleep  :luv:
Thanks again  ;)