Author Topic: Max poorly (liver damage)  (Read 5449 times)

Offline nickycnc

• Site Member
Re: Max poorly (liver damage)
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2009, 10:14:01 AM »
Thoughts and best wishes are with you, run free Max :angel:
Mum to 2 girls, Darcy & Charley

Offline Tattydi

• Always in my heart Max RIP 21.01.09
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2009, 10:47:48 AM »
Thank you all for your kind wishes this has been far harder than we ever imagined I hated having to make the choice and not leaving it in God's hands there is always the what if and he cried when the liquid went in will haunt me for ever. :'(
Love Diane x

missing my cocker kisses and cuddles :(

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2009, 11:16:58 AM »
Thank you all for your kind wishes this has been far harder than we ever imagined I hated having to make the choice and not leaving it in God's hands there is always the what if and he cried when the liquid went in will haunt me for ever. :'(

You've got me crying now  :'(, can't imagine what you're going through.   Big hugs to you and take care of yourself.    :-* 

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2009, 12:47:26 PM »

I know it is awful - I had to make the decision for 3 of my cats last year and the oldie was quite stressed when the needle went in - her veins had collapsed and it was difficult to inject her - it was awful  :'( :'(  I am still sure it was the right decision and am glad that I was with her.  :-\  You have done the best you could in the situation and it will get easier - try and remember all the good times with your lovely boy.  :luv:
Julie and Watson

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2009, 01:08:31 PM »
It is an awful feeling when you convince yourself that you have killed them and maybe you should have waited.  I thought this with Chloe and yet she was so covered in mast cell tumours (even in her eyes) that Grace the vet could hardly find a spot to put the needle in :'(  I knew that if Grace thought she could keep Chloe pain free for even 1 more day she would have fought to do that and I am sure your vet would have done the same.  Do not dwell on those last moments as I did because it stops you from healing.  God bless xx
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline black taz

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2009, 01:17:50 PM »
Its so difficult, but at least you were with him at the last. 

My 16 year old cat, Lacey, ran under my OH car last July (the morning after i had put a deposit on Taz - i couldn't help thinking it was my fault) we thought she had broken her back leg, but when they got her on the operating table to amputate they xrayed her and found two breaks in her pelvis and they phoned me to see what i wanted to do as if they changed the operation to mend her pelvis she would have to be caged for 8 weeks, followed by another op to amputate her leg.  It was the hardest decision i had ever made, she hated being shut in a room, let alone a cage for 8 weeks - i couldn't do that to her at her age.  They said if i wanted they would bring her round, and i could take her home for the evening and then take her back the next day to have her pts - but that just seemed to hard on both of us - in fact i am welling up now just thinking about it.  its taken me ages to come to terms with it.

take time to get over it, and think about the good time and how lucky he was to have been yours

Offline KatieJean

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2009, 09:13:25 AM »
So sorry to hear this news. Its a terrible decision to have to make, one we have had to make too many times in the last couple of years, but you made the right one. You put Max first.
Sending hugs.