Author Topic: Possibly my most embarrassing moment!  (Read 851 times)

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
Possibly my most embarrassing moment!
« on: April 09, 2009, 02:49:27 PM »
We were at dog training last night with Harriet.  She was doing really well, and it was time for the sit and wait.    :luv:
I sat her down, left her with a firm "WAIT" command and set off for the other end of the hall.  Turned, told her to wait again and called her - she did the perfect recall..........   :luv: :luv:
Then the trainer called out "Penny, you had better check Harriet's feet as I think she may have cut herself - there is blood on the floor."
Horrified, I picked her up, put her on the stage and carefully checked all her feet (everyone was watching and very concerned) 
No cuts, nothing.
Then I had a sudden thought, and checked somewhere a little more private than her feet ( :005:) and she had started her season!!!

I was sooooooooo embarrassed!  Her lady bits have been swollen for about 6 - 8 weeks now, so I knew it was coming somewhere soonish, but it was just so embarrassing that it should start at training class....

We apologised to all (who by then were laughing their sox off!)  and left saying we would be  back in 3 weeks or so....  :005: :005: :005: :005:
Poor Harriet was very bemused to be leaving "school" before all of her friends, but she quickly got over it once we came home and gave her special cuddles for being a big grown up girlie now!
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
Re: Possibly my most embarrassing moment!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 02:57:59 PM »
Aw bless! 
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 03:07:29 PM »
:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: Sorry I shouldn't laugh. I would have been mortified as well. At least they saw the funny side as well.  ;) Tally did embarrass me once in class while he was playing with another dog on the floor someone screeched and I looked down to see Tally was lying there with his winky right out.  ph34r  :embarassed: I went bright red as you can imagine, but also found the funny side. They are sent to try us.  :005:
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 03:11:06 PM »
 :005: :005:

I discovered Ursa was in season at a dog show, she was sitting in my lap and I was wearing a linen dress  >:( ph34r :005: Of course no change of clothing with me  ::)
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 03:11:51 PM »
Love to Harriet from us all.
Not sure of the title though :005:
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 04:24:16 PM »
:005: :005:

I discovered Ursa was in season at a dog show, she was sitting in my lap and I was wearing a linen dress  >:( ph34r :005: Of course no change of clothing with me  ::)

I had something very similar happen to me years ago with Georgia. I was at Windsor championship show and had shown her in the morning with no sign whatsoever. I stayed to watch the Gundog Group and picked her up for a cuddle, when I put her back down the side of my WHITE top had a great red patch on it. I was sooo embarrassed, especially as it was a ch show and very much frowned upon to have a bitch in season. ph34r

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 09:55:35 PM »
Aww - the joys of having a bitch  ph34r

Heidi showed signs for ages, so we didn't book any shows for a while. and of course as soon as we registered her for another show after the vet decided she must of had  a blind season, she came on.  We just about made it to the next show by the skin of our teeth and wished we hadn't as she wasn't particularly happy to be there  ::)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 04:59:18 PM »
Harriet is my first show dog so I am not sure when she will be ok to go back to shows  ;)
Poppy (my yorkie) had a very short first season - she showed no signs at all, suddenly bled for a while and was then fine again.
Harriet has had swollen "lady bits" for quite a long time, but this actual  bleeding really took me by surprise as there had been no sign whatsoever it was actually going to happen - so I just wondered when I will know for sure she is ok to show again?  Don't want to upset any dog owners by taking her when she is still attractive to the boys (sorry Tyke and Dyllan, don't want to put you guys off  :005: :005: :005:)
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 08:33:02 PM »
Aww - its only natural - Im sure no-one minded.

Big hugs to Harriet for being a big grown-up girl  :luv:

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline pamela

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 09:06:27 PM »
Sorry but had to laugh  :005:
At least you were with other doggie people! I once had a girl go into season on a bus, really embarrassing