Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 688 times)

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
Advice please
« on: April 22, 2009, 09:39:01 AM »
Ok, Alfie has now got a problem with his back foot  :'( When I was grooming him last night I noticed the space between the pads of one of his back feet seemed excessive. Basically I think it is swollen hence spreading apart, but further down it looks very red and there looked like a tinge of blood staining, but very little. I can work out if its were he has chewed his paw (with the 'allergy') or if it is a seed or cut or something  :huh:

He is due at the vets tomorrow anyway, or do you think he should go today  :huh: I am in work, OH is at home with the boys but certainly couldnt cope taking 2 dogs to the vets  ::) What should I do??? Today or tomorrow???

The vets is next door to were I work so in theory I could go for 'a wander' for half an hour or so  ph34r

Help, at my wits end now  :-\

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 09:44:41 AM »
Poor boy, not having much luck at the moment :luv: - maybe be a good idea to get your OH to phone the vet to see what he thinks?  It’s so horrible when you don’t know what’s wrong, ((((hugs)))) to you :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 01:28:10 PM »
If he's still using it I'd wait until tomorrow.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 01:33:32 PM »
it could be a histiocytoma, but whatever, i would wait till tomorrow  ;)

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 02:06:41 PM »
If it looks like it's been there a little while and is going to cause more stress going today, I'd wait till tomorrow when you were already going, hope he's OK :-*

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 02:49:08 PM »
Thanks everyone  :-* I am being a worry wort I know  ph34r but it just seems never ending at the mo  :-\
I called OH who reminded me he had to stay home for the engineer to come and look at my new oven that exploded and new dishwasher that packed up  >:( Only had them about a month  >:( Plus I thought I may be chancing it, going to the vets with the resuscitation bleep in my pocket  ph34r when I should be on site  :005: Sods law isnt it that it would go off and me have to leg it to A + E from the vets next door ph34r

I will check him over when I get home, if he looks ok will leave it until tomorrow, otherwise emergency vets again.  :-\