Author Topic: Advice please-anal glands?  (Read 940 times)

Offline Sarah16

• Site Member
  • Mollie
Advice please-anal glands?
« on: June 17, 2009, 09:13:50 AM »
Mollie is not herself, hasn't been for the last few of weeks. Mollie has been very subdued and has slept quite alot during the day and sleeps in the conservatory away from everyone. When out on walks she plods beside me, stopping every now and then to sniff, will chase the ball the first couple of times I throw it then she seems to slow down and let Pippa get it. She seems to be running and walking alot slower than she used to and wants to lie down quite a bit when out for a walk. When we get back she used lays down and sleeps for the rest of the day. She also is less tolerant with Pippa and has had a go at her a few times especially if she gets too close when she is laying down. She is also more grumpy with us and has been getting snappy when we touch her and noises seem to be winding her up and she is barking more at things out in the garden.

On Monday she had the dose of the runs, so I withheld her tea and then the next morning I gave her scramble egg and then back to her normal kibble at teatime as she her poo seemed fine again. This morning when I got up she just sat looking at me and wouldn't move, when I eventually got her up I found she had poo half hanging out so I removed what I could with a tissue but she was a bit snappy. She then started scooting along the floor, so was wondering if it was her anal glands, she has never had problems before. I have rang the vets and have an appointment to get her checked out, just wondered what you thought as I did mention that she wasn't herself to the vet a couple of weeks ago when I had to get some worming tablets for her, but he used said she was calming down as she was maturing, he didn't really check her over though.

Pippa

Offline babushka

Re: Advice please-anal glands?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 09:35:32 AM »
How old is she? It could be anal glands or she may be coming into season if she's not speyed. Your doing the right thing going to the vet, get a full MOT done.

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 04:31:08 PM »
Sounds like something is wrong. 

You are doing the right thing getting her checked out.   Hope they find what's wrong and she is feeling better soon.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline helen1

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 01:36:29 PM »
Just wondered how Mollie was today, was it anal gland probs? My Bailey gets this prob sometimes but since I have been giving him bran in his food he seems alot better for it x
Loves my family and dog Bailey more than life its self

Offline Sarah16

• Site Member
  • Mollie
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 07:11:40 PM »
Took her to the vets and they said her anal glands were full, they gave her a pain killer injection and said she would be fine. During the night she started to make whining noises, came down and she had had sickness and direah in the kitchen. I phoned this morning and made another appointment, just got back they have given her antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, pro-kolin and some special food, I have to starve her for another 24 hours. I have to go back in five days with her as they want to do some blood tests as they think she has some dietry problem, either a food allergy or pancreatis as she seems to have flare ups every few months since we have had her.

Pippa

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 07:25:24 PM »
Poor Pippa :'(, I hope her medication works and all her blood tests come back with good results :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline mum2milly

• Inactive
  • Jumbi Speed Queen, "Milly" xx
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 11:16:29 PM »

Hope Pippa gets well soon.  :'(
Love Jo & Milly