Author Topic: Advice please......Dylans got a strange scab on his back  (Read 358 times)

Offline sueneal5

Advice please......Dylans got a strange scab on his back
« on: March 02, 2010, 10:44:14 PM »
Hi - I was wondering if anyone could help me work out a random scabby bit on Dylans back.  Its pretty much on his spine at his hip level.  He is not remotely bothered by it, and I only noticed it by chance.  He had a tic months ago on his chest (and out of the usual tic season) so I do keep an eye out for any strange lumps or bumps. 
Its only about the size of my little finger nail, and seems very dry and flaky.  I can't see any blood, or broken skin. 
I tried brushing it gently last night, and bits came away  :-\ but I am reluctant to pick at this.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Re: Advice please......Dylans got a strange scab on his back
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 09:00:50 AM »
Not sure what that could be, and we can't really diagnose on a forum. But if it looks clean and not infected I would just clean it with cool boiled water and see how it goes.

If you are concerned then go to the vet to get it checked.

It might be a small abscess that has burst????

Offline floydlennon

• Site Member
  • floyd lennon
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 01:41:38 PM »
How old is he floyd has this but there was some on his back and tummy we got all worried and toke him to rthe vet and the vet diagnosed .........acne yes our teenage boy had spots lol hope dylan is ok

Offline sueneal5

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 09:24:34 PM »
Thanks for both of your comments. 
I have brushed away the majority of the scab and he still seems unaware of it.  Its much smaller now than it was.  Think thats good news  :D
Dylan is almost 10 months old so I guess acne could be the answer.  It never occured to me that my bairn could have spots.......poor thing. 
Hopefully it will clear up over the next few days.