Author Topic: Will the other testicle drop down ?  (Read 447 times)

Offline chrisj1957

Will the other testicle drop down ?
« on: April 09, 2010, 06:43:52 PM »
Both my boys have only 1 testicle they are a year old now,You can feel the other one when they are lying on their backs its sort of to the side near the inside of the leg.Does this mean it will stay there or drop down as its only been over the past week we felt it on both of them.Our vet said to wait till 18 months old as it could still drop have had good advice on here last year but now that the other one can be felt I am hoping it will drop down.Has this happened to anyone else don't want to get hopes up too much but don't want the boys to go through operation yet.

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
Re: Will the other testicle drop down ?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 09:07:23 PM »
Our two were in the same situation, one was just slightly tucked up so it never moved. We always planned on having them castrated so we did and it ended up being covered on our insurance.

If your happy to wait I would carry on and do it in your own time, your never know it might make it's way down  :blink:

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 09:24:51 PM »
Our Archie 2 this month went to the vet yesterday to have his checked he has only one  :-\ My vet could feel the other testicle in his groin so has recommended that he has checks regularly to make sure their is no change in texture and size but other than that he was happy to leave well alone.
So Achie will not be having any operation unless things change. We hoped it would drop into place but sadly it hasn't happened  :'(
When he was 9 months all my vet could talk about was having it removed, strange how now things have changed. I think alot depends where the other one is sitting and if it can be felt.

Offline rhi167

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 08:39:55 AM »
We went through the same thing with our Bullmastiff, we were told to wait and by the time he was 18months neither had appeared.

We had him castrated for his own good but the insurance wouldn't pay out. They claimed it was elective!!!! The vet found that he already had the beginning signs of damage. It was the best £800 we ever spent. It was very frustrating that the insurance would pay if he got cancer but not pay for the operation that stopped him getting it which he would of done.

Horrible time but worth it to guarantee a happy life for him (also very funny to watch him all dopey after the op!)