Author Topic: Metacam  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Re: Metacam
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 10:31:23 PM »
When my Petal had her cataract op, she was on Metacam and didn't eat for 3 days while on it, vet told me to see if she could manage without it, within 24 hours she was back to normal.

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2010, 10:32:37 PM »
yep, could well be a side effect - can be nasty stuff for some dogs.  Some do better on rimadyl (which has it's own collection of side effects)

"the most common side effects are vomiting, diarrhea, and loss of appetite. As with all NSAIDs, METACAM may cause side effects involving the kidney and liver organ systems"

Thanks Helen, he's been OK with his tea so far so think right decision not to give it.  I've given him Arnica and Rhus Tox instead.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline jennyspin

• Site Member
  • my gorgeous Boyd & Jitka at Master Groom 2012
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 10:41:50 PM »
Hi Jenny, only just noticed that Jasper is poorly. Hope he improves soon. Love from us here  :luv: :luv:
Sandlauga cockers
Never assume anything...except an occasional air of intelligence! The Sheriff to Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Carpenter, Robin or Sherwood, Rip 27/02/2012, a writing talent who will be missed).

Offline loppylugs

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 11:46:30 PM »
Hi,Jenny.We all hope Jasper is getting better,healing thoughts from us all. :luv: :luv:

you havent lived till you,ve owned a cocker

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 07:42:19 AM »
He's a lot better, I stopped the metacam and his tummy seems to be sorting it's self out.  He had a good massage on Monday afternoon too (perk of job  :D) which hopefully has eased the muscle.

Back to gentle walks and getting less cautious about steps each day so hope by the end of the week he's virtually back to normal...  Was a bit of a worry this time last week so needless to say - RELIEF!!

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 08:16:29 AM »
I'm glad he's feeling better - my neighbours dog had a similar thing this week - his owner got up to find Dill couldn't stand or walk (his back had gone into spasm and he was in agony) so he's on Metacam and has terrible diawotsit  (and as he's quite a large beardie x the mess is substantial and as he ONLY poo's in our garden his owner his out there cleaning up a lot  ::) )

Very very scary and I'm glad Jasper is recovering so well  :-* :luv:
helen & jarvis x