Author Topic: Vegas is very poorly  (Read 16798 times)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Vegas is very poorly
« on: July 12, 2010, 02:49:23 PM »
Vegas was unwell yesterday with lethargy & vomiting. He didn't want to go for walks, hasn't picked up a toy (unheard of for him as he loves to carry things about) and didn't want to eat. This morning, he was no better - vomited 3 times, even more lethargic, pale gums and just looks so miserable. I got a vet appt for him at lunchtime - nothing felt in his abdomen but he is jaundiced with a temp of 105.something. I lost Brook to acute hepatitis so as soon as the vet mentioned the word liver, the tears were flowing before my heart even had time to sink to the floor  :embarassed: The thought of having to go through that again just makes me feel sick to my stomach.

He has been given an antibiotic injection to help bring his temp down and hopefully make him feel a bit better. He has to go in at 9.40 tomorrow morning to get bloods taken to check his liver function & pancreas and depending on the results, he will be admitted to be put on a drip. I got someone to sit with him when we got back from the vets so that I could take the other 2 to the park for a quick run - when I got back, he was still lying in the drive in the same place he was when I left  :-\

Lots of positive thoughts needed please that my sad boy gets his sparkle back very soon  :luv:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
Re: Vegas is very poorly
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 02:52:28 PM »
Sorry to hear Vegas is so poorly. Sending lots of positive vibes and thoughts from me and Maggie that its not as bad as you fear it may be.
 :bigarmhug:'s for you and gentle squidges for Vegas. Hope he starts to feel better soon.

Lisa
x
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 02:58:45 PM »
So sorry to hear Vegas is poorly, big hugs and cuddles for you both  :bigarmhug:
Positive vibes winging their way to you now.
Janet & Poppy

Offline rwasinski

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 02:59:57 PM »
Positive thoughts and all paws crossed for Vegas's appointment tomorrow.

I hope he isn't in too much discomfort and the vets can get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible. Keep us posted x

Rebecca, Blod-ness and Llew-bear!

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 03:04:46 PM »
Gentle  :bigarmhug: for all of you. When you have a clearer picture of what is ailing Vegas and if it is liver milk thistle is extremely good. There are things to help repair organs in many circumstances. Even Keli had good bloods when he was PTS with the nasal tumour. I made it my business not to have him have the pain of failing organs.
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 03:27:00 PM »
Sending positive thoughts to you and Vegas, hope he is feeling better soon. :bigarmhug:
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline aliceandlouis

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 03:36:48 PM »
So sorry to hear about poor Vegas - must be a huge worry for you.  Gentle hugs to you both and hope that the news tomorrow is a bit better.  In the meantime, take care.

Offline Mybuddies

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 03:37:09 PM »
Am sorry to hear vegas is so poorly,  I hope you see an improvement real soon

Your post reminded me of my MIL cocker actually about this time last year,   his symptoms were pretty much identical to vegas,  he was very poorly indeed for a good week and stayed at the vets for much of this time, turned out that was hepatitis but he his extremely fit and well now and has never looked back,  so a postive note there

Hope things turn out the same for you and vegas with lots of positive thoughts from here

Offline Steelygirl

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »
Oh Jay

Hugs to you both xx  Lets hope his temp comes down soon as that'll make him feel better quickly xx

Offline SandraD

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 03:53:18 PM »
Sending healing vibes to Vegas, hope he feels tons better very soon.

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 03:56:58 PM »
Oh Jay....you must be so worried :'(  I am sure the vets will sort him out.  Kali had the same thing and the only ill effect is that she cannot have sausages as a treat anymore.  Fingers crossed for Vegas that he starts to improve when the meds kick in xxxx :-*
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline carolinemaltas

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 04:11:33 PM »
I have everything crossed for you its really awful when they are poorly isn't it. We all love our babies so much my heart really does go out to you.xxxxx

Offline maddycakes

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 04:12:22 PM »
Poor vegas hope he's feeling better soon.

It reminds me of my last cocker girl who sufferred from pancreatitis a couple of times, the symptoms are very similar, the first time she got it she was hunched up and her tummy was hard to touch, she was also vomiting but the vets thought it was a tummy bug, eventully she was diagnosed with pancreatitis and spent 3 days on a drip in the vets, she bounced back from that episode and was fed on a prescription diet for a couple of years, the second time she got it she was very lethargic and just led on the floor refusing to move i knew instantly it was pancreatitis again and took her straight to the vets who took bloods to confirm it was pancreatits and started her on antibiotics immediatly she was very poorly for a few days as she also suffered from epilepsy and so had quite a few fits over this time as well.  She did bounce back  All  I know is the earlier they are diagnosed,  antibiotics given and food withdrawn the better.

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 04:14:32 PM »
:bigarmhug: to you both, special gentle squishes for Vegas  :-*

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Silver Spider

• Site Member
  • Bonnie and Toby
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 04:17:05 PM »
Big hugs being sent his way x