Author Topic: Have just come back from vet ie dry 1"inch piece of dried stalk off flower in  (Read 671 times)

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
We were in the garden and Penny started pawing her mouth at first I thought shed been stung by a wasp but then noticed she was gagging we wrapped her up and opened her mouth and she had the piece of stalk stuck across her throat which we managed to get it out and gave her some yogurt and she was fine until earlier tonight she was gulping and putting her head and just lied down and wanted to be by herself We took her to the vet and although she seemed better he could still hear her and he thinks she has grazed throat and some swelling so has gave her imflamatiories \and antibiotics and soft.food. I am just wondering if she might have swallowed something off her coat after the walk an it has agraveted it Iam posting this as I never thought of these causing problems as I watch her with everthing else
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
I hope she feels better soon  :luv:

I had something similar with William when he was quite young. He'd been in the garden and came back in retching and pawing at his mouth. He sicked up some slightly bloody froth, so I was straight down to the vet with him. Turned out he'd eaten some Brunnera leaves and stems, which aren't poisonous, but are very coarse and had scratched his throat.

He was back to normal the next day so hopefully Penny will be too.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Hope she is feeling better soon
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline saffysmum

Our Saff was crying and trying to run away from her poohing rear end on Saturday and when I picked it up, it contained about an inch of pampas grass which is really tough and sharp.  Good excuse to get hubby to get rid of the horrible thing!  Poor Saffy.
There is a puddle on the floor,
tis there for all to see,
now is this puddle H20,
or is this K9 pee?

Offline hedgehog

Poor girly, it is amazing what they scavenge if her throat is sore try giving her a dessert spoon of honey it really helps. My ozzy unbeknown to me must have bin raided and swallowed the elastic mesh of a joint of beef,  first I knew about it was when it reappeared (well partly reappeared ph34r ) it was a rubber gloves and pull and pull and pull job :020: :020: Thank goodness it went right through and not got wrapped around his inards.

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
Thankyou for your replies she seems fine but I found some woodland bits on the floor so perhaps shed swallowd somw of this which hurt  her throat again,She weed in the night and has done three this morning do you think its the meds or has it stressed her a bit
Penny Black Jennys niece