Author Topic: spayed cocker not being left alone by our neutered boy cocker  (Read 651 times)

Offline VickyG

• Holly & Henry - Double trouble!!
Hi everyone,

Holly our 14 month old show cocker was spayed yesterday and all went well and she is recovering well.  Henry our neutered 2.4 year old show cocker just will  not leave her alone.  He is trying to jump on her, sniffing her all the time and is acting really strange towards her but not in a bad aggressive way.

How does he know she is different?  Is she giving off certain scents? because he is certainly acting like he did when he met an entire female before he was neutered and i'm worried that he will hurt her or something.

I've cut the arm off an old jumper and put this around her belly like a boob tube   :005: so she and Henry cannot lick the wound is there anything else i can do?

Any one know why this is?

BTW i would recommend the boob tube thing if you ever want a cocker to stop licking tummy wounds it's working a treat and she looks ever so sweet in her purple tube  :luv:
cocker spaniels make everything ok

Offline PennyB

Re: spayed cocker not being left alone by our neutered boy cocker
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 11:39:22 AM »
get her anal glands checked out  ;)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 11:58:27 AM »
Could be anal glands and weirdly I think after a spey they give off a scent that's not unlike a season - I remember on a New Forest walk after LindseyP's Tinker was speyed she attracted some unwanted attention  :shades:

I would try and keep them apart as much as possible if he's bothering her (as you probably are)  ;)  It may be after she has healed and can have a bath that all this attention will disappear  :lol2:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 04:49:24 PM »

We went on the COL walk at Formby last weekend and our Holly who was spayed just before Christmas was followed by working cocker pup Sidney who has also been neutered.   Bramble and Beri have never found her so attractive (thank goodness) so I wonder why Sidney did ?
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly

Offline Golden Sidney

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 05:23:22 PM »

We went on the COL walk at Formby last weekend and our Holly who was spayed just before Christmas was followed by working cocker pup Sidney who has also been neutered.   Bramble and Beri have never found her so attractive (thank goodness) so I wonder why Sidney did ?

I thimk he is attracted to anyone right now I have decided to keep him on his lead for a while around others the last thing I need is a humping habit forming :005:
Sid's mum x