Author Topic: Coda in season ?????  (Read 878 times)

Offline sands

• My pretty girls!
Coda in season ?????
« on: March 12, 2011, 07:22:42 PM »
Hi all

Just a quick question about what to expect over the next few weeks?

Notice since midweek that Coda ( now 10 months) was a bit lethargic and clingy (even for her!) and yesterday evening noticed a few spots of blood on the floor when she stood up.  Gave her a quick wipe and sure enough there was blood and pink tinging on the wipe.

The thing is, much as she has all the symptoms- swollen vulva. enlarged back teats, the blood drops, a bit sleepy and cuddly with a sort of 'metallic' smell - I haven't noticed any more blood drops today!

Is this normal?  :-\  She certainally has been licking constantly and sleeping more so I'm not sure if she is just keeping herself super clean or is it normal for there to be so little bleeding.

Sorry to sound such a fool  :embarrassed: but I've only ever had male dogs before so this is all rather new to me.

Some reassurance would be great thanks.

Sandra

Wee Benji boy 10/2/1994 - 8/10/2009
Sweet dreams my wee man

Life's too short to worry about muddy paws!

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
Re: Coda in season ?????
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 09:09:59 PM »
Ths is an excellent thread and should answer your questions  :D http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=44072.0
Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: Coda in season ?????
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 12:05:02 AM »
The thing is, much as she has all the symptoms- swollen vulva. enlarged back teats, the blood drops, a bit sleepy and cuddly with a sort of 'metallic' smell - I haven't noticed any more blood drops today!

Is this normal?  :-\  She certainally has been licking constantly and sleeping more so I'm not sure if she is just keeping herself super clean or is it normal for there to be so little bleeding.

Normal!  :blink: The bleeding is often very light at the beginning, and some bitches don't have a lot of bleeding anyway throughout. If she is licking constantly and is a light bleeder then it's not at all unusual to not see much or even none. It also is not like a steady stream, more like drips throughout the day
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne