Author Topic: Elllie is going into hospital tomorrow - Good news Page 4  (Read 4388 times)

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
Elllie is going into hospital tomorrow - Good news Page 4
« on: April 07, 2011, 08:24:13 PM »
Last weekend we found a lump on Ellie's chest.  We were both completely fine about it as it felt just like the fatty lumps that our last cocker, Sophie, had quite a few of.  I have kept feeling it during the week and decided that even though I was sure that it was nothing, perhaps I should hear the vet tell me it is just a fatty lump.

So today we went to the vets.  Still completely fine about it, expecting to go in, have the vet tell me what I already knew, and come out again.  Only he didn't.  To be fair he hasn't said it is anything serious yet but he said that the only way to be sure with lumps is to test them and that he had been caught out in the past with lumps, ones he thought were nothing turned out to be something bad and ones he thought were serious turned out to be nothing.

So tomorrow Ellie is going for a needle aspiration of the lump, which will then be sent off to be tested and will then give the vet an idea what he is dealing with.  I did ask if we might as well just take the lump out, but he said that he didn't want to do that as he would not know how much of a margin to take and if it did turn out to be "something fast growing" then he may have to go back to take a wider margin, but if he knows what he is dealing with he will know how much to take if he does need to remove it.

It may still be perfectly harmless, but I am now not fine with it, but stressed and worried, to say the least.  I know we are doing the right thing, as I said to the vet, Ellie is too precious to take any chances with.  I just wish it was me having a lump aspirated and not her.

I know there are a lot of cockers and their humans who need everyones thoughts at the moment, but if anyone could spare a little positive thought for Ellie, we would be grateful.

Thank you.  I will let you know how things go.

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
Re: Elllie is going into hospital tomorrow.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 08:37:50 PM »
Sorry to read this about Ellie  :'(
Sending lots of caring, positive thoughts for her  :luv: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Will be thinking of you both tomorrow & hope the test results are nothing to worry about.  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 08:42:16 PM »
:( completely understand why you're so worried.  Sending lots of positive vibes Ellie's way that it all goes ok tomorrow and the results show the lump to be completely harmless.  Will be thinking of you both tomorrow - try to keep busy  :luv:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline HeatherandBenjy

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 09:12:35 PM »
Sending all the positive thoughts in the world for Ellie tomorrow  :luv:

:bigarmhug: for you too x
Heather, Buddy, Archie, Fizzy, Bruno and Amber!

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 09:13:03 PM »
All fingers and paws crossed here for Ellie  :luv:

I am sure she will be fine.

Woofie is a very lumpy dog and has lots of trips to the vets to have them checked, and some removed but they have all been ok.

:-*  :-*

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 09:17:18 PM »
Fingers and pawed crossed for Ellie from us too.  I don't think you can not worry, it is perfectly natural but I'm sending tons of positive vibes for a good outcome :luv:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline GinnyB

• Mali, my gorgeous golden girl
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 09:19:41 PM »
fingers crossed for good news. Will be thinking of you tomorrow x
Elsie my beautiful bluey

Offline maggieann

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 09:21:41 PM »
Sending Ellie lots of positive thoughts for tomorrow. :bigarmhug:
Torin & Me

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 09:29:18 PM »
Will be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts  :luv:

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 09:49:54 PM »
Positive harmless lump thoughts from me too.

Good luck for tomorrow Ellie.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 09:54:18 PM »
Try not to worry, I know it isn't easy.  ;)

Flo had a small lump aspirated 3 weeks ago at the same time as her 6 monthly thyroid blood test was done. It was quick and easy just like having blood taken while I was there. It turned out to be a harmless fatty lump, hope Ellie's does too.  :luv:

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 10:14:59 PM »
Thank you everyone, from me and Ellie.

Ellie cannot have anything to eat after 8 p.m. tonight.  She always has a bedtime biscuit after her last wee, usually from OH.  He gave her her bedtime biscuit at 5 to 8, so she wouldn't miss out, explaining, as you do, why she was having this early.  She has just had her last wee and has forgotten what he said.  She is following him around trying her best to tell him he has forgotten her biscuit.

If only you could explain to them.

Offline amanda9586

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 10:16:33 PM »
Yes good luck!  Really hoping its just nothing but they do worry us so much dont they??

Aww bless her wanting her bedtime biccie  :luv: :luv:  Double rations when she is home  :D

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 10:35:47 PM »
Will  be thinking of Ellie and you tommorrow and hope everthing will be alright I know how you feel ??
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline PennyB

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 10:42:57 PM »
Try not to worry, I know it isn't easy.  ;)

Flo had a small lump aspirated 3 weeks ago at the same time as her 6 monthly thyroid blood test was done. It was quick and easy just like having blood taken while I was there. It turned out to be a harmless fatty lump, hope Ellie's does too.  :luv:

Ruby had a lump aspirated the other week week as well while she had her vax done - vet stuck 3 needles in to do the aspirations a and did a smear test there and then so could tell me while he would send it away it was most likely a fatty lump.

Hopefully Ellie's results will ease your mind

Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!