Author Topic: Which Ointment or Cream?  (Read 613 times)

Offline shezza

Which Ointment or Cream?
« on: June 13, 2011, 09:23:20 PM »
Hello all, The other day Lulu cut her calpal pad. The actual blood made it look a lot worse than it was after I had cleaned it off. The problem is she has taken to licking it but only at nights and she will not have a bandage on it,she just chews it off. So my question is does anyone know of an ointment or cream that is OK for cuts but she would find unpalatable to taste.

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
Re: Which Ointment or Cream?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 05:19:57 AM »
Would sudocrem be suitable?  :huh: - It might be worth asking the vet what they recommend, does she have a buster collar to wear ??
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 07:44:25 AM »
I wouldn't put anything on it tbh - cream or ointment would only delay the healing process.  Best to keep it as clean and dry as possible and let the air get to it  :-\  A buster collar may be the only solution if she insists on licking  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 08:25:17 AM »
I really would try and not put anything on a pad injury - the flesh is really odd and is very 'jelly' like as it heals so anything that keeps it wet will stop it healing  :-\
helen & jarvis x

Offline poppy

• Donator
  • Betsy b 17/05/2011
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 08:27:11 AM »
I would just bathe it in salty warm water and then pad (sorry) down very lightly to make sure that it is dry.
Lots of love ... Lizzie
Micka 17/03/1996-12/07/2011 Sleep my darling baby