Author Topic: devastated ;-(....UPDATE Pg 5, HAVE HEARD FROM THE VETS....shes now home!  (Read 8643 times)

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
Glad she is home, hope she heals quickly and is wagging her new tail very soon :luv: :luv: :luv:
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline ebony girl

gypsy is really grumpy today.....my DD is off school, and just went to stroke gypsy and she growled and went to nip at DD.......is this just because she's feeling alittle off sorts do you think???....or could she be in pain??...she cant have any painkiller till 6pm as its a once a day thing.

she's eating ok and didnt have too bad a night....(she slept with me in the spare room)

any ideas??

Offline Goggins

• Donator
  • Princess "Freya" Trucker (dob:25/03/2011)
I would think she is feeling out of sorts from the GA...poor little girlie...probably best just to give her a bit of space for the time being...

:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: to all and to Gypsy...
Carol owned and loved by Freya (my gorgeous cocker spaniel), Thor (boxer) and Merlin (border collie)

Offline ebony girl

yeah thats what i thought,just wish she'd get comfy and go to sleep, i think half the problem is that she is tired  ;)

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
So glad to hear she's ok!  x

As for the grumpiness she's probably just feeling a bit groggy still from the anaesthetic and probably a little sore too.  Just make sure everyone is very gentle with her and gain her trust back.  She's such a tiny pup still and so the op and being messed about with by vets may have dented her confidence a little.
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline jennyspin

• Site Member
  • my gorgeous Boyd & Jitka at Master Groom 2012
So glad to hear the op went well. I would think that she just needs a bit of peace and quiet for now. She must still be feeling all out of sorts. Sending big hugs to you both from us here  :bigarmhug:
Sandlauga cockers
Never assume anything...except an occasional air of intelligence! The Sheriff to Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Carpenter, Robin or Sherwood, Rip 27/02/2012, a writing talent who will be missed).

Offline ebony girl

just been and bought her some salmon for tea and a new teddy from PAH......im thinking she may start to milk this if im not careful..........although my other cocker Ebony doesnt seem to mind as it means Gypsy is giving her a break and ebonys also having salmon for tea, well you cant give one without the other can you  ;)

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
My 4 said can they come round and have salmon for tea too!  Oh and I'll have to drive them round, so can I have salmon for tea as well!!!
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline ebony girl

My 4 said can they come round and have salmon for tea too!  Oh and I'll have to drive them round, so can I have salmon for tea as well!!!

haha are you far from great yarmouth, cause its nearly done!!

Offline Megan Ffion

• Megan Ffion
We are so pleased that Gypsy is home where she belongs.   It will take a few days for the soreness to ware off but she will be fine in a week or so and back to being the beautiful puppy that she is.

Healing and positive thoughts and lots of hugs and kisses from us.

Love Gwyneth Colin and Megan xxxxxx
Remembering Our Sweet Megan

Offline sands

• My pretty girls!
So pleased to hear that Gypsy is back home and on the mend   :banana: :banana:

Lots of  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: to you both - you'll be so glad to have her home.

Wee Benji boy 10/2/1994 - 8/10/2009
Sweet dreams my wee man

Life's too short to worry about muddy paws!

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
Hope  both you have a better night and Gyspy happier and much impreved  in the morning .Poor little girl
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline ebony girl

have put her back in her crate tonight, now im satisfied that shes not gonna strangle herselftrying to remove the lampshade and also that the anaesthetic is out of her system...... ;)

just one more thing though....she is particularly clingy today, she needs to be touching me at all times, has cried to come onto the sofa etc.....i have allowed this today and stayed in and cuddled her whenever shes wanted, is this normal after a trauma and should i continue to pander to her or in a few days shall i start to ignore whingy behaviour etc again...

sorry to keep asking for more reassurance and advice but the amount of experience on here is priceless.. :D

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
So glad she's home :D

While she's out of sorts, I personally would make a nice fuss of her. As she gets better withdraw slightly til it's normal service having been resumed. Often a good bond builds up when they have been ill and you show extra kindness  ;)
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline maddy74

Just been catching up on gypsys progress, glad she is on the mend  :D