Author Topic: devastated ;-(....UPDATE Pg 5, HAVE HEARD FROM THE VETS....shes now home!  (Read 8639 times)

Offline Choc-Chip

Great news to hear everything went well and Gypsy's back at home. Lots of cuddles and being spoilt now  :luv: :005:

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
 :bigarmhug: so pleased she's home again. To see her comfortable enough to be eating after it all must be a huge relief to you. :luv:

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
That's fantastic news, now mummy you can stop worrying so much  :luv: :luv: x x x  big hugs and little  :-* to gypsy.

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
I'm glad she's home safe and sound  :luv:  How much of the tail did they have to amputate?
helen & jarvis x

Offline ebony girl

not sure yet, as its all wrapped up and didnt get to speak to the vet on collection, the nurse said about an inch and a half........shes 14 weeks now and her tail was about half the length of ebonys full grown one so im thinking perhaps it will be about 3 inches shorter than ebonys when fully grown, what do you reckon??

Offline karen488

:bigarmhug: glad all went well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery xx

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
not sure yet, as its all wrapped up and didnt get to speak to the vet on collection, the nurse said about an inch and a half........shes 14 weeks now and her tail was about half the length of ebonys full grown one so im thinking perhaps it will be about 3 inches shorter than ebonys when fully grown, what do you reckon??

I think that sounds like the right length calculation  ;)

Apart from needing the documentation when you show her you and she won't even notice it  ;)  :luv:  Jarv has a working dock which is half a tail and that is more than enough to wag and communicate and use as a rudder so I doubt whether she'll have any problems at all.  Tails can be awful things to heal up and can split quite easily at the wound site but at this young age and with your vets being so good I bet they've compensated for bone removal and allowed enough skin to comfortably stitch the end for her  :D 

You will need to make sure her happy turbo tail is well protected until fully healed though  :lol2: :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Catie74

I so sorry to hear this news.  Try not to worry, I know thats stupid, but, as others have said, procedures these days are fine.  Pup will be fine and will bounce back in no time.  Try to remind yourself it is for the best and she will be a new dog.  Thinking of you both

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
So glad it all went well  :D :D

Millie

Offline ejp

• Donator
What a horrible time for you.  So pleased that the op is over, and you have your wee one home  :luv:  Hoping she recovers very quickly.  :bigarmhug:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
So glad she is home and hope she recovers soon  :luv: give her a gentle  :bigarmhug:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
So pleased to read she's home again  :luv: :luv: Am sure she's getting lots of snuggles and spoilt rotten.... Gentle, but non-excitable, squidges from me and Maggie for your gorgeous girl  :bigarmhug:
xx
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
Pleased that she is home and being spoilt.

Offline ladylola

• Donator
See we told ya  :005:

Really pleased it all went well  and she is back home with you.

Hopefully you can relax for a bit now :D
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
Great to hear Gypsys home and well  :luv: :lol2: