Author Topic: devastated ;-(....UPDATE Pg 5, HAVE HEARD FROM THE VETS....shes now home!  (Read 8607 times)

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
I'm sure she needs extra cuddles and reassurance. It's so difficult when you can't explain to them what's happening isn't it? And if you end up with a doggie that needs lots of cuddles, what's not to like?  ;) :shades:

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Think I would go the extra cuddles route too...after all it must be very confusing for her ...not being that old an all  :luv:

Plenty of time for getting a bit tougher later on if you feel the need  ;)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline ebony girl

yeah, see you lot are of the same mind set as me....cuddles cuddles and more cuddles.......had to pop out today for an hour so my dad came round and sat with her....and gave her even more cuddles  :luv:

poor little love is probably all cuddled out :005:

Offline ebony girl

ebony went back to the vets tonight to have the bandage removed from her tail.......

it was a bit green and mushy and we were concerned it was infected but on closer inspection and after a good clean it seems fine.....only problem is that now the vets have taken off the bandage and left it off so that the wound dries out everytime she wags her tail or touches/knocks it shes yelping, crying and doesnt want to move anymore..... :'(

ive given her painkillers and she's asleep on the sofa at the minute, but i hate to see her in pain...shes so confused :huh:

Offline starboy

• Site Member
  • Theo and Apollo
    • Starboy
Poor Ebony. You can't stop a cocker from wagging her tail. She will soon be feeling better and back to her happy self. Carry on with lots of cuddles and the pain killers and she will soon be better.  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: for Ebony and you
From the Darby family

Offline SusieY

Have only just caught up this this.  Poor Ebony and poor you

Glad she's home and on the mend.   :bigarmhug: to you both

Offline ebony girl

oooops...put ebony instead of gypsy.... :005: but thanks guys...

i cant even get her to stand up at the minute so she now hasnt had a wee for 6 hours.....keep carrying her out to the garden and she just sits down...have been sat on the grass with her for 20 minutes in the hope she would stand up and wee...im freeeeeezing....poor little mite seems in so much pain, im so worried, i hate to see her like this :'(

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
She's just a baby so she'll not be as stoical as an older dog. Poor wee pet. Give her lts of love and cuddles. Jonny sympathises - his tail is now quite recovered but it was horrid at the time.

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline Neon

• Donator
Just found this one - cuddles to you and your baby.  It's horrible watching them unhappy, you feel so helpless but she is on the mend now and will soon be running around happily again.   :luv:

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline ebony girl

shes feeling much better this morning,....running around and eating normally....trying to keep her as calm as possible so have given her lots of toys, kongs etc on the rug because if she hits the tip of her tail on anything she will really cry, but hopefully in another couple of days or so the tenderness and sensitivity will ebb away...... :luv:

Offline Neon

• Donator
That's great news - so glad the little darling is feeling loads better.  Give her a big kiss from me and Toby   ;)

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Uncon

• Site Member
She certainly has a wonderful support team in you and your family. Once healed of course, she will forget all this...have you ever noticed that the one thing we can never remember once it is gone is pain...you remember what it was like, but not how it felt.

You have been a great mum, and she has a long and happy life with you to look forward to. (True story to my eternal shame (a feeling you can feel in remembering) is that I took Harvey to the vets because he didn't quite seem himself and caught an ear infection before it became obvious, yet missed the fact my daughter fractured her elbow in a fall because she had a graze there and it was a week before I got her to the hospital!)