Author Topic: White ticks  (Read 665 times)

Offline Coco

• Site Member
White ticks
« on: July 10, 2011, 05:39:05 PM »
I just took a tick off Gizmo, just outside her ear. It was definatly a tick but it was white and when I squished it rather than it being blood it was like a white pus? I've googled white ticks but mostly it's things like yahoo answers coming up and no one seems to be an expert. Any one know if this is just standard or if it's a sign of something more sinister. It was fully engorged and the biggest tick I've eves seen. Probably about 7x4mm
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: White ticks
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 07:34:56 PM »
was it pure white or grey-ish?  We frequently get engorged pale grey ones and when squished :020: there's seldom any sign of blood, more like a pale gunge....I just figured the blood had been coagulated by whatever is in the ticks stomach into a gunge...

I also think they're more likely to be the female ones  ph34r
helen & jarvis x

Offline Coco

• Site Member
Re: White ticks
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 01:05:11 AM »
It was a kind of creamy white, as you described really, I shan't worry then. I took another smaller white one off her rump and a browny grey one, smaller still from near her mouth. So that's about a year's worth in one day, little blighters! She wasn't scratching or anything so hopefully it's just the norm. Thanks :) 
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo