Author Topic: Freya has an ongoing tummy bug ......is it whats known as Coccidia / Giardia  (Read 1152 times)

Offline loplops

• Charlie & Freya
Freya our 24 week beautiful Golden baby girl has a tummy bug and is messing with very loose stools in the house , up until this she was very house trained,  we have consulted the vets who suggested that we kept Freya from eating for 2 days , this hasn't stopped after we fed her for the 1st time today ,  with some  on line research ( which i know you can mis- diagnose )says it could be Coccidia which is quite common and  treatable , has anyone else experienced  / heard of this  this ?
We also have a hamsome 2year old  Charlie who has not not " caught " Freya's " bug " .
LopLops 

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
Our 5 month old little man, Bobby, has just got over a very nasty bout of giardia (similar to coccidia). The vet will diagnose it for sure with a stool sample for you. Hopefully you have caught it early as it has had a really nasty effect on Bobby and he has ended up now with problems with the flora lining in his bowel - not meaning to scare you but we are at £300 in vets bills with special food and meds. Think he has turned the corner now but he is on the special food till the end of the month and then I will start to introduce his normal food and keep my fingers crossed.

I would take Freya along to the vet with a sample and get it checked for sure if I were you...good luck
Roxy b.19.05.10  Bobby b.21.08.11
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
Be careful with Giardia as it's transferrable to humans - the only experience I have of it is contracting it myself (and my husband) in Egypt about 4 years ago - really nasty we were terribly poorly for many weeks and often get bouts of upset stomach now, especially if anything is going around!

I hope your furries both feel better soon x
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x

Offline loplops

• Charlie & Freya
Thanks for the replys . Freya seems to have come through her tummy bug without a 2nd visit to the vets and she  is looking a lot better and stools are well formed today  , phew !    :blink: