Author Topic: Settling down  (Read 504 times)

Offline Gem01

• Jake
Settling down
« on: February 05, 2014, 10:04:18 AM »
Hi. We've had jake for a week and a half. We'd started off crate training but he'd pooed in it more often than not at night even though we were getting up.
We moved crate to kitchen and put up baby gate. We leave the crate door open and pads down. He's settled easily. Wakes up, will sometimes wee on pad but sometimes call up. Quick trip outside and back in again. Seems quite happy to do this and still knows to go out in the day.
He's learnt sit and come and sometimes speaks for his food!

How do I post a pic?

Thanks

Gemma & Jake
Gemma & Jake

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Settling down
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 10:11:13 AM »
Sounds like Jake is settling in very nicely :D. Here's a link to advice about how to post photos http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=15703.0

Personally I wouldn't encourage a dog to speak for it's food though. Might seem cute now but when he's got a big boy bark and speaks for all sorts of other things that he wants (like attention) it really won't be so appealing :blink:

Offline Gem01

• Jake
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 10:13:57 AM »
My dad was a police dog handler and he now has a cocker. Ozzy sometimes speaks for food and that's it.
I'll be careful though.

Thanks
Gemma & Jake

Offline Wmjat

• Teddy Boy
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 10:17:43 AM »
Hi there, I struggled with the pic thing too.

What I do is upload your photo to photobucket. Once the pic is uploaded and you can view it on photobucket you will see to the right hand side of the photo,  photo properties (something like that). Click on the 3rd one down and copy the txt.. This is for a medium pic the 4th one is a thumbnail size pic. They are in a yellow line.

Right, once you've copied it jump back on to your cockers page and open up your post that you want your pic to be displayed in. Paste the info from photobucket in the post. It will show as txt at this point.
Finish your typing of the post and post it!!! (I hope you're following me  :005:  :003:  )
You will be able to see the pic once you've posted.

If anyone knows of an easier way please share...  ;)

Welcome, cannot wait to see the pic..

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 05:07:06 PM »
Hi there, I struggled with the pic thing too.

What I do is upload your photo to photobucket. Once the pic is uploaded and you can view it on photobucket you will see to the right hand side of the photo,  photo properties (something like that). Click on the 3rd one down and copy the txt.. This is for a medium pic the 4th one is a thumbnail size pic. They are in a yellow line.

Right, once you've copied it jump back on to your cockers page and open up your post that you want your pic to be displayed in. Paste the info from photobucket in the post. It will show as txt at this point.
Finish your typing of the post and post it!!! (I hope you're following me  :005:  :003:  )
You will be able to see the pic once you've posted.

If anyone knows of an easier way please share...  ;)

Welcome, cannot wait to see the pic..

Just a hint - if you want to see how your post/pic will look before committing it - click preview on the cocker page and that will show you the result
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 05:12:50 PM »
Clearly none of these puppies have read all the books that say dogs NEVER poo in their crates :angel: Norty things :005: We ditched crate training too!

Glad to hear he's settling in  :luv:

Offline Gem01

• Jake
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 05:56:59 PM »
It's such a relief. It was becoming so frustrating. He still know he needs to go outside....most of the time. Mind you I hate this weather. Sick of in and out and drying paws. Roll on drier weather!
Gemma & Jake