Author Topic: Associated behaviour  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Associated behaviour
« on: March 05, 2004, 09:25:37 PM »
Jazz is now 12 Weeks Old, a few things that are really making me giggle..  

Her toilet training is coming along just fine. With the obvious little mistake.  Following a successfull trip to the garden i alternate with a food reward, prasie and a couple of minutes of game playing. All was going well, but i was getting abit concerned about the amount of times she was going for a wee.  

It turns out  madam has realised if she goes outside drops about a tea spoon of wee she gets a reward, and gets very excited, and runs back inside and either sits next to her toy box or the reward box, and looks at me as to say i've been good now treat me... there has even been a number of occaisons when i have opened the door, shes run out and striaight back inside and sat waiting for her treat.  - Shes hilarious !!

Another thing i just noticed..

I do not drink tea or coffee hardly ever, but i boil the kettle to rince her bowl out before i feed her , mainly to take the chill off the milk, i give with her feed. Normally i only ever put the kettle on whilst i prepare her food.... Well... i just decided to have a cuppa hot choc, and put the kettle on, WELL...Shes gone nutz, running around the kitchen, jumping up and down, crying...I have played with her for a bit to distract her, but shes just sitting by the work top where the kettle is. Barking at it. She has a long wait if she thinks the kettle is going to provide her with some food.

Shes certainly finding her feet, actually shes finding everything in the house..  ;o)                    
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Associated behaviour
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 09:32:31 PM »
What a smart cookie - she's got you well trained Alan :lol:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Associated behaviour
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 09:42:21 PM »
:lol:   :lol:   :lol:   Morgan is also an expert at maniputation  :D   :D   :D

Think Colin had this problem for a wee while too.  He summed it up well - he was seen as the resident 'treat vending machine'.   :lol:  I feel like this sometimes as well - Morgan will come in and stare at the cupboard where his treats are kept,or sit at the fridge for a piece of ham.  He still does it every time,so it hasn't clicked that he only now gets a treat maybe 1  time out for 20.  If he got one every time he went out, he'd be a right podgy little thing  :lol:                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline PennyB

Associated behaviour
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 10:44:07 PM »
Every time the microwave goes 'ping' in our house my 2 always get there 1st, and if the phone rings they always think its a friend of mine ringing up to go out for a walk with her dogs (late afternoon phone call often does so they live in hope for the rest of the calls!)                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!