Author Topic: Weeing in bed?  (Read 620 times)

Offline willowstar

• Site Member
Weeing in bed?
« on: April 27, 2008, 01:16:24 PM »
Hello fellow cocker lovers!

We have only had our little Lily for 9 days and so far she has been really well behaved  :luv:...however a couple of days ago we found her wetting her bed. >:(

I didn't think they did this? She has cushions and blankets on her bed and she scuffs that up and goes then covers it back over again! We want to

leave her blankets with her as our kitchen is not the warmest. 

I dont really know what to do about this any suggestions??

Offline ludo

• Site Member
  • Enya
    • Shirepark Cockers
Re: Weeing in bed?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 11:35:19 PM »
Hi - welcome to COL - is she in a crate at night? You might find this helps - it needs to be just big enough - too big and she will go to the loo at one end and sleep at the other - also you may need to consider how often and when you take her to the loo if you are training her to go outside.  I suggest every hour in the day time - particularly after eating, play and sleep.  Also during the night (once should be enough) so she gets into a regular routine with her toiletting.  If it is a bit cold in the kitchen you could also try a puppy warmer from PAH - they don't cost too much about £12 - they heat up in minutes in the microwave have a fleecy cover on them and keep your puppy warm overnight.  ;)
http:www.shireparkcockers.co.uk

Offline willowstar

• Site Member
Re: Weeing in bed?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 08:47:35 AM »
Yeah we have been crate training her, and my husband has made an extra section made out of cardboard which has been lined with newspaper she uses this as well.
After every nap we take her out and about 5 mins after eating. We take her outside about 6-7 times a day.

The other night we took her outside and waited with her for about 15 mins, she was just playing and eating things! So we brought her back in and she went to her bed and weed? We are very confused as she does wee outside as well and on paper. We really praise her when she does it outside!

Anyway since I have posted this topic she hasn't actually done it in her bed again, fingers crossed!!

Thanks for your advice  :D