Author Topic: Should I get a 8week old puppy or a 8month old one  (Read 4203 times)

Offline cran477

Re: Should I get a 8week old puppy or a 8month old one
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2009, 10:46:41 PM »
Sorry if i coming over all emotional about this thread  :'( but we are talking about a living, breathing, loving little puppy and from some of the posts it almost comes across as 'well if this puppy doesn't fit in she could be returned to the breeder'  :huh:  Its not like having a handbag and deciding you don't like it!  ph34r  Yes i am sure that most breeders will always take a puppy or fully grown dog back but the long term consequences for the dog needs to be considered before anyone even considers having one.  I shudder at the thought of any dogs ending up in rescue (although i know there are some brilliant one's known on this site  :blink:) and i really don't wish to upset anyone but to me the life of the puppy/dog always comes first.  :luv:

The old saying 'A dog is for life, not just for Christmas' is sooooo... true.  :luv:

yeah I agree with you I wouldn't just give the pup back coz it wouldn't suit there would be a serious valid reason, I do all I van to ensure darlagh comes first but if I got another dog and they didn't get on what would you suggest ? 2 unhappy Cockers or would you return one to the breeder ? I would never do it lightly but there is still a chance they may not bond. I didn't go to visit the pup as I stiil have a lot to consider and I don't want the cocker eyes begging me to take her home !!!